Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick new chain question – numpty content :(
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so i just put on a new chain in a bit of a rush – obviously i cut it by 1 link short 😆 …..so instead of 53 links ive got 52…so i know it should be ok in most gears – do i basically need to avoid 3rd chainring and the biggest sprockets at the back? i dont tend to use them anyways, usually just use all the gears at the back in 2nd front cog….this should be ok to run right?

🙁

sofatester
    Free Member

NO, YOU WILL DIE!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

🙁 i know its a silly question, surely just avoiding 3rd front ring in general should give me a death free experience?

andyl
    Free Member

Should be fine. You shouldnt be using the big-big anyway as horrible chain line but I would probably avoid using next largest on the cassette too. Will cut down on chain slap having it a bit shorter.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers andy – at worst on 3rd chainring i use 26th/27th gear for down bank roads – so never stretch it that muc…cheers for confirming my thoughts…

good point about chainslap – never really thought about shortening it abit to alieviate that problem!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick new chain question – numpty content :(’ is closed to new replies.