Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick MS Excel question
  • tyger
    Free Member

I have a sheet with loads of info on it and the easiest way for me to get what I need would be to filter out anything with only two rows of info but keep anything that has three rows of info.

Any ideas?

Many thanks as always.

Padowan
    Free Member

You can't auto-filter horizontally unfortunately, but you could cut-and-paste-special your data using the "Transpose" flag to turn your columns of data into rows that you could then use the autofilter on.

edit: just to clarify the autofilter – you would be able to then filter out all the rows (previously columns) that have a value of "blank" in to only show the rows with 3 data elements.

mrmo
    Free Member

try adding a fourth column, and putting =IF(OR(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2)),"empty","full") in it. then autofilter the result

this assumes you data is in columns a, b and c

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Are we talking 3 rows or 3 columns?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Your question is not at all clear…

tyger
    Free Member

Er rows as in horizontal

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So you have lots of tables some containing 3 rows of data, some containg 2 rows. With each section of rows being seperated by blank rows?

A table being the term I'm using for a distinct section of rows, that are seperated by blank rows.

iain1775
    Free Member

rows columns columns rows

I have a headache!

tyger
    Free Member

I have lots of rows (horizontal lines of cells) most and two rows deep (?) but the info I want is contained within the three rows deep sections.

I've not mentioned columns once – it's rows of data I'm trying to sort.

Cheers 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick MS Excel question’ is closed to new replies.