Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick Mavic 819 wheelbuilding question
  • 13thfloormonk

Either my eyes are gone, or the spoke holes on these rims aren’t offset left and right.

Can anyone confirm this before I waste an hour lacing them wrong? 😕

mboy
    Free Member

You’re right, they’re not offset left and right. Quite a few rims are like this though.

13thfloormonk

Cheers, i’ve managed several years building exclusively mavic 717s so am entering uncharted territory! 🙄

mboy
    Free Member

Well if you’re used to 717’s, you’ll find it a pain that the 819’s take twice as long to lace due the the fiddly UST nipple beds, but they true up much quicker as the rims are a good deal more rigid than the super flexy 717’s, so it’s swings and roundabouts.

FWIW 819’s are my favourite rim all round. Bit narrow for anything over about a 2.25″ tyre, but combination of stifness, weight and UST make them my top choice for most things.

13thfloormonk

Good to hear, I was quite happily runnig 717s ghetto tubeless, but a lot of the eyelets started cracking, either because i overtensioned, or because of the abuse they were getting!

Either way the 819s seem like a good choice, and with any luck at 1/2 an hour every night they’ll only take me the rest of the month to build… 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick Mavic 819 wheelbuilding question’ is closed to new replies.