Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quick help please, direct mount front derailleur
  • contrakid
    Free Member

ok if i have a direct mount for front derailleur will a double front mech setup ok for an inner and middle of a triple crank?

Simple really but just want to confirm it will work ok as a double crank would be a bit more away from the mount than a triple inner etc.

So will it drop down onto inner ok?

Thanks in advance

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a Race Face Evolve 24-36-bash on my fatbike. The rings are on the inner and middle, the bash is in the big ring position. With an XT 2×10 front derailleur, it works just fine.

contrakid
    Free Member

Great thanks, i thought it would be ok but just wanted to check before i spent the money

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got an XT M785 E2 double specific mounted on my Spicy with an m665 double and bash crank.
    No problem.
    AFAIK the gap between rings (IE, throw) is the same: is just the actual centres and therefore chain line of a non bash true double that are different to a triple.

contrakid
    Free Member

Yes the chain line is more or less dead centre of the 2 double rings and on a triple its inline with the middle ring so my only concern was would the double mech adjust in close enough for the inner.

I’m looking to do something like 24-36 or 22-34 on a 29er so I can stay in the middle ring for 90% of the time and only use the granny for real hard climbs. I think these doubles with 26-38 or 28-40 makes you change gear at the front too much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quick help please, direct mount front derailleur’ is closed to new replies.