Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quick headset question!
  • matty456
    Free Member

Morning!

Just got a new frame and it’s got a 44mm headtube. I’ve got 1 1/8 forks already but may also get tapered forks in the future. Looking at Hope pick n mix headsets. Will an “H” model do the job so I can swap out 1 1/8 and tapered forks? Going for a “No.2” model for top. Do I need anything else?

Thanks.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup 2 top and B lower for 1.125″ straight steerer and swap the lower for an H when you get tapered forks

Easy job done it meself nothing else required

Worth spending some time getting the spacers on the top cup just right and lining up the logos

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks. Another question. Can I use a”H” Hope bottom cup and a crown race reducer for the 1 1/8 forks so I can swap them out to tapered with out changing the bottom cup?

honourablegeorge

Yes, use the reducer, works great.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup sure. Not Hopes though IIRC it’s for 1.125″ steerers in 55/56 mm head tubes

Worth checking though info@hopetech.com they are very good

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks pips. Headset ordered!

honourablegeorge

rocketman – Member

Yup sure. Not Hopes though IIRC it’s for 1.125″ steerers in 55/56 mm head tubes

The Hope reducer crown thingy adapts a 1 1/8 steerer to a 1.5, so it fits a tapered headset – your headset sits on top, that’s what adapts to the 44/49/56/whatever head tube – I’ve used them in 44, 49 and 56 hope headsets, no problems at all.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quick headset question!’ is closed to new replies.