Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick ebay question on the wrong item received and postage
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Hypothetically of course

I ordered some LED lights from china – rear ones and got sent front ones
    When i complain to the company or ebay will I be forced to send them back as it will cost me much more to do this than they cost me or just to re order.
    They will do a refund I have checked this bit.

Given this would it be better to have not received the items and hope they post me the right ones this time?

FWIW it is almost £3 we are discussing here so I am not bothered re money but I am re the principle and I dont want the things i got.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve found Chinese companies to be very helpful – speak to them first and see what they see.

evh22
    Free Member

Sometimes they just send you the correct light and don’t bother with returns. The lights are so cheap it is cheaper that way.

plyphon
    Free Member

IIRC our regulations here say that if they send the wrong items, while you might have to front the initial cost, they have to refund the cost of returning the wrong item.

As they are selling here they have to adhere by our rules.

So they will likely just send you out a new pair FOC.

nickjb
    Free Member

As above. Every time I’ve had issue with a Chinese ebayer they’ve either just sent a new one out or refunded right away. I think they really fear bad feedback as it can have an impact on seller fees.

I had one uk seller insist I return a £2 item before a refund. Complained to eBay and They agreed that it wasn’t worth returning and sided with me.

aracer
    Free Member

As above, the chances are they’ll just send another set and not bother to ask for the return. I had this recently with a UK bike shop who sent me the wrong version of a small part, where their cost is doubtless less than the cost of my return postage.

Junkyard
    Free Member

cheers all I will go with honesty in my hypothetical scenario.

FWIW i did think I could post them on to a UK seller if they order but even that will probably cost more than to buy them from them!!!

PS anyone want some front LED Lights 😉

Odd they do not even list what they have sent me

Puzzled face

E-mail sent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick ebay question on the wrong item received and postage’ is closed to new replies.