Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick cut at 8am on a sat. Really?!
  • cobrakai

Mrs cobrakai has finished a night shift. Granted it is a sat so we expect it to be noisier with kids playing in the street and lawn mowers etc.

The bloke 3 doors along fires up his quick cut at 8am and it’s still going. I’m going to wait for his washing to be out on the line then burn all the ivy I cut down last month. Failing that, I have water balloons.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not too bad, nice to see people keen to make the most of the day really!

Drac

Comes with working nights, I have a school behind me they cut the grass from about 7.30am during the week as they aren’t allowed to cut it when the kids are in school, many neighbours cut their’s around 8am. The roads get dug up at various times of the day from 8am all the way through.

After over 20 years of working nights you learn to sleep through it and more so I’m usually dead on my feet by the time I walk home. That and world can’t stop as I’m on nights.

cobrakai

The street I grew up on was very close knit so there was an informal agreement that on the weekends they’d leave the noisy stuff until after nine. You expect it noisy during the week with bin lorries and commuters leaving. Generally night shifts are easy for us as we both do them. I’m just crabbit and having a rant. I’m now thinking of subtle ways of getting revenge.

large418
    Free Member

8am is halfway through the morning. Sun is out, enjoy it!

Drac

The street I grew up on was very close knit so there was an informal agreement that on the weekends they’d leave the noisy stuff until after nine.

I bet the summers were always hot and sunny, you played out all day never watched TV and didn’t worry about strangers.

brokenbanjo

Roundup some obscenities in his lawn.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

After over 20 years of working nights you learn to sleep through it

We have a house full of unruly screaming feral brats childminder next door so earplugs are obligatory. And blackout curtains.

cobrakai

I bet the summers were always hot and sunny, you played out all day never watched TV and didn’t worry about strangers.

Can’t remember. Too pissed on electric white round the back of the local industrial estate.

Black out blinds are awesome. I hate sleeping with things in my ears though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quick cut at 8am on a sat. Really?!’ is closed to new replies.