Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Questions re Word/Publisher 07/PDF’s etc
  • MrSparkle

Nah then, I have become the Editor of our running club magazine and have been trying to ‘improve’ things a bit and make it look nicer. I have installed Office 07 on my shonky old home PC (which has now virtually ground to a halt, but that’s another story) and have been marvelling at how pretty the newer version of Word is compared to the owd ‘un. Anyway, I get sent stuff in a Word format from contributors and then bung ’em all together and convert them into a PDF to email off for printing and to stick on our website. I had a mess with Publisher and created my Editorial on it thinking I could somehow merge all the Word stuff and the Publisher bit. After a few attempts I gave up. I know I is a bit fick so can one of you clever types explain to me how to do it (if, indeed, you can do it).

The other question is about PDF’s. Obviously I can now stick links to interweb stuff on my text and they will link to the net when you click them. Is it possible to sort this so that if you do this it opens a seperate window rather than just going to whatever website it is?

Also can you embed video into a PFD page as you would with a web page? Or am I just being silly there…

MrSparkle

Oh come on, somebody must know!!!

J0N
    Free Member

Fox-it PDF writer. I think that allows you to add videos. you may have to purchase a full PDF programme for features such as video. This may also be the case for links opening in new windows however I thought that most people would know that holding ctrl while click does this in most browsers.

Not that a experienced user oh publisher myself, just a few thoughts.
    Good luck.

MrSparkle

Thanks mate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Questions re Word/Publisher 07/PDF’s etc’ is closed to new replies.