Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Questions about externally routed Di2
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Want to put Di2 on a bike that doesn’t have Di2 internal routing. Wondering how fiddly the external kit is and how it looks once it’s done? (Photos would be great.) Going on a TT bike btw. Also how transferrable is the wiring if I get an internally routed frame later? Also possible to somehow still bodge an internal battery?

Thanks.

Edit… one more thing… possible to run the cables along the top of the top tube? Not sure how I’d get to the junction that’s meant to be under the BB. Can that be situated elsewhere?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

this version 9070 a lot more cleaner than the old version 7900 stuff as you can buy wires to suit length rather than just short, long etc

my cannondale has just gone in the the LBS for external 9070 setup, i wired it up before taking it in, looked quite clean,

regarding the junction,

Can that be situated elsewhere?

i guess so, under the bb is best for it those surely, as you’ll have the front mech, down there anyway which needs wiring

mrblobby
    Free Member

i guess so, under the bb is best for it those surely, as you’ll have the front mech, down there anyway which needs wiring

Contemplating something under the saddle along with the battery. Sure I’ve seen that done somewhere. Might be good to run the cables along the top tube as it could work better.

crazybaboon

Internal battery in the seat post, cable running though the screw hole for the under bottom bracket cable guide

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, I guess I could drill this out a bit. Did wonder if i could poke cables through the bottle mount holes in the seat tube for the front mech as they aren’t used. Could drill a hole in the top tube too if I can run the cables through the frame.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ i never thought of that

mrblobby
    Free Member

Little bump for the weekend fettlers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Questions about externally routed Di2’ is closed to new replies.