Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Question Time – Britain after Brexit
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So, did anyone catch this programme last night?
    I watched with interest as a “Leave” voter to see exactly where we are at with the whole scenario of what things could be like.
    I have to say that although the future didn’t appear orange, or totally rosy, it looked a lot brighter than everyone I have spoken to that voted remain would have let me think over the last 8 months.
    So – if anyone else watched it i would be interested to get their opinions.

bikebouy
    Free Member

As a devoted remain voter it looked as though everyone is now staring down a dark tunnel back into the 1970’s and Austin Allegro ownership.

kimbers

Oh joy another Brexit thread

no I didnt watch it

I just assumed it would be the same made up stuff that leave voters post on here

as a scientist I see how integrated much of our research is with the EU, Ive yet to see anything vaguely intelligent come out of the berxit camp regarding this

aP
    Free Member

I didn’t watch it, however the thought that the future is “a lot brighter” seems to mirror the pronouncements on the other side of the pond.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I watched it, funny how people can hear what they want to hear…I’m sure that applies to me as much as anyone. ISTM that the leavers – including the govt – don’t have a clue, still less a credible plan. It’ll be a complete bit of a mess from start to finish.

chewkw
    Free Member

I saw an animated Ex-DPM who was very hyped up with his own opinions, some said he was presenting a passionate argument I call him an overreaction emotional hyper.

Then the me too Labour politician who was also very quick to assert that he too was in Brexit camp, but then realising what he had said added that the Labour wanted a vote on all matters related to negotiation … 😆

Salmon performed fine …

UKIP lady performed fine too.

David Davis was very calm and performed well.

Ex-Guardian news writer Melanie was spot on as usual.

binners

I shouted at the telly quite a bit.

One thing I concluded is that I wouldn’t leave David Davis in charge of negotiating the purchase of a small, second-hand family runaround, never mind the future of the countries economy.

chewkw
    Free Member

David Davis is absolutely the right person to take charge of negotiation.

kimbers

chewkw – Member

😆

was he as clueless as his last appearance before the brexit select committee?

colournoise

chewkw – Member

[ derail ]
    In much the same way The Donald is absolutely the right person to be leading the US?
    [ /derail ]

jimjam
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

Oh joy another Brexit thread

Yeah this clearly needs its own thread and could in no way be posted in the 700+ page Brexit thread (or any of the other Brexit threads).

BillOddie

anything vaguely intelligent come out of the berxit camp regarding this

FTFY

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s not another Brexit threads but about the panelists on QT last night.

The only person that looks like a cartoon on QT is the ex-DPM … 😆

Therefore, anyone that follows the ex-DPM chain of thoughts are like a (fill in the blank) … 😆

footflaps

I think it will be like shooting fish in a barrel (for the EU)…

Whole thing is just embarassing.

SaxonRider

As a devoted remain voter it looked as though everyone is now staring down a dark tunnel back into the 1970’s and Austin Allegro ownership.

I’m pretty dedicated to ‘Remain’, but if I could get an Allegro that looked like this, I’d say ‘bring on the 70s’!

cloudnine
    Free Member

With the incompetent donkeys in charge an Austin allegro is the new pinnacle of greatness we can now aspire to.

gobuchul
    Free Member

£4k and it’s yours. All the pain and misery of 1950’s technology wrapped up in a 1970’s shell, with the legendary BL build quality.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/austin/allegro/112389

zippykona

Look on the bright side.
    We will all die eventually.

milleboy
    Free Member

I tried to watch it, but could only manage 45 seconds before I had to switch it off.

colournoise

We had an Allegro Equipe just like that.

I don’t want to go back to that time…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wasn’t it knicknamed the “Austin Allagro”?

ferrals
    Free Member

It just reminded me what a bunch of unintelligent self serving twits they all are. The only one who seemed reasonable to me was Alex Salmond. I’m normally a clegg fan but thought he was over playing the indignant card

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed.

Sadly Nick no-mates has, no mates.

Cougar

I’ve just caught up.

Interesting that Suzanne Evans doesn’t have “MP” after her name in the credits. What’s she doing there as a UKIP representative if she’s not an MP? That wasn’t clear to me on the introductions.

Melanie Phillips seemed to be trying to be rational but let her guard down at the end: “It is an attempt by the Remainers to be disobeying the will of the British people” – last I checked, Remainers were British people too.

Never heard of Starmer before today, but seems to have his head screwed on.

Clegg is facts boy, fair play, he’s come prepared.

Not paid much attention to Alex Salmond before today, but he was brilliant.

Davis just looks like a smug git. Anyone disagreed with him, he was either sneering or laughing at them like it’s all a big joke.

wilburt
    Free Member

Think I was doing something more interesting.

kelvin

They all floundered a bit, but only one of them really needs to know what he’s doing as regards Brexit, for our sakes… and he seemed to flounder the most…

I doubt many people agree, including most Tory MPs. He shows no sign of being on top of his brief at all. Still.

Cougar

They all floundered a bit

Well, that’s live TV for you.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Interesting that Suzanne Evans doesn’t have “MP” after her name in the credits. What’s she doing there as a UKIP representative if she’s not an MP?

UKIP don’t got no MPs, they borrowed one from the Conservatives for a little while but he now seems to be following an Armando Iannucci script. Even the Greens have an MP.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Question Time – Britain after Brexit’ is closed to new replies.