Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Question for the petrolheads – fun 4-seater for £10K?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Can be coupe or convertible

Pieface

M3

M3 +1000

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

M3, various Imprezas, Audi S4, Civic TypeR (could get the jap saloon for £10k probably), mk5 R32 (?), Megane 225/F1/R25 whatever they call em, Focus ST, Integra, Evo 8/9.

djglover
    Free Member

I am almost 100% decided on a 330i. Insurance and servicing will be a bit out there on M3 for me. 330 is still 0-60 in 6 seconds and limited to 155.

Ooh, in that case – a 335d maybe? More torque than a Ferrari 355.

Dunno if they go for £10k though.

TheFlyingOx

R33 GTR

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Or:

Mondeo

or

Octavia

Gribs

Either a slightly rough e46 m3 or a e92 330i.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pretty pampered 2005 Impreza WR1s seem to be about that kinda money. Or Hawkeye ‘normal’ STIs are similar money.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mondeo ST220 – loads of practicability and you’ll get a much newer one.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mondeo ST220

Hahahahahahaha, I was joking m_f 😉

I know its a different engine and MUST weigh less than the TDCI one but my old ST TDCI handled like a barge in jelly. Awesome on a motorway doing 55mpg at 80 though.

Rickos
    Free Member

Merc CLK 320 diesel. A bit leftfield, but an awesome cruiser for eating the miles.

warton
    Free Member

delta integrale.

Hahahaha @ warton – yeah, if you want it on the road 3 months out of 12 and fancy doubling the purchase cost in repair bills

warton
    Free Member

he didn’t specify he wanted it to actually work 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

Audi s4….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mondeo ST220
    Hahahahahahaha, I was joking m_f
    I know its a different engine and MUST weigh less than the TDCI one but my old ST TDCI handled like a barge in jelly. Awesome on a motorway doing 55mpg at 80 though.

It has a lovely V6 engine. What’s not to like?

mk1fan
    Free Member

944 Turbo

br
    Free Member

645i/650i
    XK8R
    Monaro
    M5 (E39)
    S6
    E55

Hohum
    Free Member

Audi S4, not sure if it would be the turbo or V8 though 😕

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

V8 – my mates 54 plate one was and he sold that well under £10k (it did have 135000 on the clock though but superb car)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

3.0 V6 throwing out a whopping 220bhp in a car the size of a Mondeo. Its not great is it. And nor is ‘fun’. Its a Mondeo. Its a nice car but looking at the other options that are being thrown around, it wouldn’t be high on my list!

colournoise

Would echo the Megane 225 (with Cup options if you can find one).

Funnest 10k I ever spent. Can fit two bikes with the seats down and a wheel out of each.

Not really a coupe as required, but not far off, and not too lairy looking (if you want the sleeper option).

Not sure of prices on the new shape (basically same car, different body), but that has more of a coupe look.

slainte 8) rob

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

High miler Audi RS6…

jamiec360
    Free Member

Monaro if you don’t mind the fuel bills won’t get much more fun with that amount of space for the money.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Old mini cooper.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Honda Integra DC5? Bit of a love it or hate it type of car. Much cheaper to run that most other suggestions, but you don’t mention if that is important. If not, e46 m3.

easygirl

Megane 225 cup
    Ii had one for 3 years, never tired of driving it
    One of the best handling cars I’ve ever owned

TiRed

Alfa GT V6. Ticks all the boxes, especially the niche box, except FWD.

davidrussell
    Free Member

clio 200? just coming onto the 10k bracket and the cup chassis is brilliant fun.

interior build quality is better than previous clios but not perfect. if you are driving slowly enough to notice the rattles theres a problem anyway 🙂

quite thirsty for a relatively small car (29mpg ish in mine) but tax isn’t through the roof and insurance is lower than a 182. plus it will actually go forwards when there is an inch of snow on the ground.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

MGB-GT V8 (technicaly theres 2 seats in the back, if you have no legs or head. For 10k you couold shop arround and get one with a landrover V8 in it for even more bonkers for your buck!

Downside it weighs a fair bit (it’s an urban myth that the B-series weighed more than the V8)

muppet4
    Free Member

vectra vxr?

klumpy
    Free Member

A mate made a habit of buying secondhand japanese cars, from japan – some sort of remote bidding in auctions or something. Each time he drove the car for a year, sold it for a profit, and bought a better* one. Leaping in with 10k I reckon you’d go straight to a Nissan Skyline GTR**. And that, I guess, is pretty much end of thread if you have any taste!! 😆

*Faster
    **Not to be confused with the very recent Nissan GTR.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Question for the petrolheads – fun 4-seater for £10K?’ is closed to new replies.