Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Question for the Mancunians on here.
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I’m up to Manc tomorrow for a meeting at the Manchester Technology Centre on Oxford Road.

My train gets into Picadilly at 10.00 then I have to wait 15 mins for a train to Oxford Road which takes 2 minutes (meeting is at 10.30). My question is – could I walk to Oxford Rd from Picadilly and not bother with the train, and if so how long will it take?

Cheers

crikey
    Free Member

Between 10 and 15 minutes if that.

Have a look on Google maps, straight down Whitworth st to Oxford rd, turn left, keep going to your destination.

samuri
    Free Member

About 10 minutes, come out of picaddilly, double back to monroes, down whitworth street to oxford road

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    montylikesbeer

15 mins along Whitworth Street, some great buildings to look at on the way and stop off for a coffee at Olive Deli

crikey
    Free Member

The junction between Whitworth st and Oxford rd is where the Oxford rd station is…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers chaps. Looks like I’ll walk it, I’ll need to stretch my legs after 3 hours on the train.

hora
    Free Member

Just keep asking as you go

IanMunro
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be on how many grenades is the norm to carry.

Duggan

The Technology centre is next to the BBC, or what used to be the BBC building- now it is a big empty building with a massive industrial banner advertising asbestos removal on the front- that’s where you’ll need to go, just past that building and to your left.

Ten minutes from Picaddilly is about right if you’re a fast walker but I’d be inclined to give it 15-20mins tbf to be on the safe side.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Question for the Mancunians on here.’ is closed to new replies.