Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Question for parents of young kids
  • uplink
    Free Member

I personally like to spend my evenings WITH my son and don’t understand parents who see it as a burden

You just wait till he’s something like 13 or 14 😀

brassneck

And it means he sleeps until a reasonable time in the mornings rather than waking at 5

I’ve noticed no correlation between bedtime and waking time more than around 1/2 an hour – just they are grumpier the next morning @ 06:00 if they aren’t in bed before 7:30 ish.

I’m a night person, wife is a morning person, 2/3 have her genes hence I and the other one get woken regardless 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve noticed no correlation between bedtime and waking time more than around 1/2 an hour – just they are grumpier the next morning @ 06:00 if they aren’t in bed before 7:30 ish.

I find that too – on the occasion they go to bed later, they still wake at the same time and are devil children.

matt_outandabout

5year old @ 7:15
    8yearold @ 7:45
    9 @ 8pm here

outthere
    Free Member

We have a son who is 4 soon. 7:30 is bed time however on a Saturday night he has a treat and stays up a little longer, sometimes till 9. Call me old fashion but kids need routine for security. I am not sure how important the time is, as long as its consistant and the tele is not showing unsuitable viewing.

totalshell

routine is your friend but the school holidays and light evenings throw that outthe window!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Question for parents of young kids’ is closed to new replies.