• This topic has 55 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by poly.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Question for parents of children, a bit of a rant
  • project
    Free Member

So you take your kids to school, why not park half a mile away and walk them to the school gate, and the same at home time, instead of double parking where you like, or possibly even let them walk or shock horror ride a bike to school.

Also if you do walk them WHY do you feel the need to carry their bag for them, surely theyre old enough to cary their own bag.

Then at weekends you go for a ride on a cycle track, where do the rules of the path go, the kids and parents have no lane disciple, stop where they like, throw their bikes down, and usually on a hill the parent pushes the childs bike up the hill as well as their own, surely again they could/should push their own bikes.

Stoner
    Free Member

your hysterectomy troubling you project? 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

Got your wings on the wrong way mate?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Do you ever break this unwritten trail etiqutte you elude to?

Stoner
    Free Member

elude

allude 😉

project
    Free Member

Ride on the left, look behind before a manoevre, signal, and keep the trail clear, were talking tarmaced routes here not in a forest or trail centre.

scaredypants

“So you take your kids to school, why not park half a mile away and walk them to the school gate, and the same at home time, instead of double parking where you like”

I’m already late for work when the kids leave for school (are now old enough to walk so a bit better than having to take ’em in). When they needed taking in, my drive to work was right past the gates. QUickest way for me to get to work was to park there rather than walk back to the car (or house) just to drive past school again.

My kids are an inconvenieince to me at times so I’m going to make you suffer too, bitch

Bunnyhop

Project – most kiddy bikes weigh quite a bit.

Today I rode past our local preparatory school, I counted at least 12 4×4 cars in a row, 2 of them had their engines running. Now that does my head in.

Further on the local children from the state school mostly were walking or riding bikes.

yossarian
    Free Member

To be fair that is a crap rant

Mantastic
    Free Member

Ta stoner

Hohum
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    Project – most kiddy bikes weigh quite a bit.

Agreed, most children’s bicycles seem to be made out of scaffolding poles weight-wise!

scaredypants

Today I rode past our local preparatory school, I counted at least 12 4×4 cars in a row, 2 of them had their engines running

LIAR ! – they’d all be out of sight/sound up a massive gravel drive
    (full credit to you if you cheekied right through the grounds though 😉 )

rkk01
    Free Member

Not a parent, then?

project
    Free Member

So kids bikes weigh quite a bit, so what when the kids getter older and get a nice lightweight bike, think of the fun asnd speed theyll get out of it, after the training they got with the old bike.

br
    Free Member

Until you’ve kids, stay outta our business!

I always tell my wife not to use her 4×4 for the school, but take my V8 instead – you never know when there’s a greenie around to annoy.

djglover
    Free Member

I considered your approach, but instead I opted to buy a house for a hugely overinflated price on the same street as the school I wanted by kids to go to before they were even conceived.

Kiss my middle class arse!

richmars

Today I rode past our local preparatory school, I counted at least 12 4×4 cars in a row, 2 of them had their engines running. Now that does my head in.

I know, it’s really bad around here, not enough public schools, so we have to drive miles to get to the nearest. Too many state schools so the poor people can walk, just not fair.

Bunnyhop

(full credit to you if you cheekied right through the grounds though )

Now there’s a thought. It is on a hillside with substantial grounds (mind is whirring).

sturmey
    Free Member

Whats wrong with trying to help your child have an enjoyable ride to remember rather than some arduous task his father made him do on the grounds of what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I hope you can always get to the toilet when your old.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You are called Brian, you are not the messiah, you’re just a very naughty boy.

project
    Free Member

But its about the kids getting life skills,nobody will push your bike up a hill once youre passed your teenage stage, also getting some exercise into their life,by walking to school.

oha nd why do 4×4 always park on the pavement or on some poor child.

When I pick my daughter up from school, which is half a mile (at the most) from home, sometimes I take my mahoosive (5mtr long) 4×4 and park it in the closest possible space to the gates. This sometimes involves turning round on a dead end road right in front of the gates.

Sometimes, I get out with my dog (who occassionally snaps and snarls at any other dogs that may be there) and stand by the gates, sometimes smoking a fag. As my daughter is unbelievably lazy and I can’t be arsed to listen to her incessant whining, I sometimes begrudgingly carry her trombone.

You know what though – I don’t think any of the lovely friendly people that I meet on this monumental journey actually give a toss.

loddrik
    Free Member

Op, what I do with my kids has got **** all to do with you.

toys19
    Free Member

But its about the kids getting life skills,nobody will push your bike up a hill once youre passed your teenage stage, also getting some exercise into their life,by walking to school.

oha nd why do 4×4 always park on the pavement or on some poor child.

Are you jealous cos you didn’t get any life skills?

rkk01
    Free Member

Age group being ranted about?

Secondary age, then probably fair enough.

Primary age – get a grip and stop being a tosser / troll

ourmaninthenorth

But its about the kids getting life skills,nobody will push your bike up a hill once youre passed your teenage stage

Dr Freud! Man here says his daddy didn’t treat him nice when he was a kiddy.

poppa
    Free Member

Age group being ranted about?

It think its 40-50 year olds.

druidh
    Free Member

for parents of children

Is there any other kind?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

So you take your kids to school, why not park half a mile away and walk them to the school gate, and the same at home time, instead of double parking where you like, or possibly even let them walk or shock horror ride a bike to school.

Not possible some days, My wife can’t do two drop offs and be at work (she is a teacher) in time.

Breakfast club starts at 0800, then a drop off at nursary, then to work = Not possible to add a 1/2 mile walk in

Also if you do walk them WHY do you feel the need to carry their bag for them, surely theyre old enough to cary their own bag.

Why does this matter? Do you wear sleeveless t-shirts to show how buff you are? Grrrr.

Interested in the corrollation between age and bag carrying capabilities,

Then at weekends you go for a ride on a cycle track, where do the rules of the path go, the kids and parents have no lane disciple, stop where they like, throw their bikes down, and usually on a hill the parent pushes the childs bike up the hill as well as their own, surely again they could/should push their own bikes.

I didn’t know cycle tracks had lanes

Glad I could clear this up for you

🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

When using family cycle tracks, it’s every man for himself.

MTFU.

poppa
    Free Member

The picture of a man on a bike and the picture of a man walking didn’t raise any questions in your mind?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

The picture of a man on a bike and the picture of a man walking didn’t raise any questions in your mind?

Next time I meet a woman riding our local cycle path I’ll be sure to tell her she doesn’t belong there and should find her own path.

poppa
    Free Member

Ooh the misogyny!

Women should be in the kitchen, not outside,surely?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How do you know it is a picture of a man?

nickf
    Free Member

Sometimes, I get out with my dog (who occassionally snaps and snarls at any other dogs that may be there) and stand by the gates, sometimes smoking a fag.

My sheep-worrying dog quite likes Marlboro Lights. She’s not too keen on the trombone though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

My sheep-worrying dog quite likes Marlboro Lights. She’s not too keen on the trombone though.

well, don’t make her do it then!

ross980
    Free Member

get a grip and stop being a tosser / troll

+1

paulosoxo
    Free Member

So where does that inform you of the lanes on a cyclepath? In my mind it tells you which side is the cyclepath and which is the FOOTPATH, so ner!

poppa
    Free Member

This has gotten ridiculous. I’m off to find another thread to be irritating on. *flounce*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Question for parents of children, a bit of a rant’ is closed to new replies.