Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • question about stans rims
  • Ringo
    Free Member

To set up tubeless with stans it says i need to drill the rim is this the case even with stans rims?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Not with the 355's

matthew_h
    Free Member

Where does it say you need to drill the rim?

Not heard that before

Ringo
    Free Member

it says on the stans website and also on the back of the packet i was just wondering if the stans rims were ready to go

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You only need to do this if using rimstrips and even then you will probably get away with it.

Its done to minimise tyre bead seating problems around the valve, and reduce the possibility of air loss from the vavle hole and the rim strip.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Yellow tape the stans rims, fit tyres with tubes. Leave overnight to seat the tape to rim. Remove tubes, fit valve assy and refit tyres with fluid. As per website instructions.

tazzymtb

if you using stans rims, you only need the yellow tape and a valve, don't rim strip it, once you've drilled a stans rim for a rim strip, the narrow valves wont seal propperly. If you are using rim strips in other non stans rims then you may need to drill the inner hole only on the rim to eliminate the bump as per Scinceofficers reply.

I've always found olympic rims,yellow tape and valve work with any tyre without the need for an extra rim strip

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘question about stans rims’ is closed to new replies.