Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Question about iPhone 4 and 4s?
  • dannyc179
    Free Member

Hello, I feel like its time to change phone and I am thinking about buying an iPhone, however the price for the iPhone 5 is ridiculous and I still have 8 months left on my contract with o2 before I upgrade, I just wanted to know the main differences really, as I have checked a few sites for second hand iPhone 4’s and iPhone 4S’s and there is quite a big price difference, iPhone 4 usually around £150 and iPhone 4S usually around £250, if anyone has experience with the two phones it would be appreciated if you can tell me whether its worth spending the extra money to get the 4S.

Also if anyone is selling a 4 or 4S I may be interested.

Thanks

grum
    Free Member

Some features are not enabled on the 4 – ie Siri (occasionally useful) and I think the turn based mapping (really useful). 4S is also faster and I think has a better camera. I bought a second hand 4S recently after being underwhelmed by the 5, and I’m very pleased with it.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Go for the 4S. You will regret it in the long run!!

Milkie
    Free Member

As above..

Faster
    Better camera/video (1080p @ 30fps)
    Siri
    Battery life is roughly the same

I’ve had both, and still have the 4S.. I find Siri very useful; “make an appoinment for the doctors at 2pm tomorrow” or “set timer for …” or “google a word I do not want to spell cos it takes too long to type!”

popstar
    Free Member

iPhone 4 got better battery life.
    iPhone 4S better camera and faster processor.

footflaps

I have a 3G, 4 and 4s and the 4s has a noticeably better camera over the 4. Didn’t notice the speed increase myself.

GrahamS

One thing that might swing you to the 4S is Bluetooth 4.0

This means you can pair it with Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors (like the Polar H7 or the Wahoo ones) – useful if you plan on tracking rides via Endomondo or the like and want heart rate info too.

Other than that I’m still pretty happy with my 4 but I am aware it is on the edge of obsolete

dannyc179
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks for your help guys!

chiefgrooveguru

I feel like its time to change phone

Why?

dannyc179
    Free Member

I’m sick of Blackberry’s breaking on me, think its time to move on

mr_mills
    Free Member

You might not be aware that although the iPhone 5 is ridiculously expensive, the Apple store do a 0% finance option so you could get a 5, pay for it over 10 months then sell it after you contract renews and you get another new one.

I’ve just bought one that way (after dropping my 4S down the toilet 😐 )

blooddonor
    Free Member

Couldn’t find that 0% finance option?

chiefgrooveguru

I’m sick of Blackberry’s breaking on me, think its time to move on

Good reason! My iPhone 4 is two years old and still working fine with iOS 6.1 – the camera is ok in good light but struggles when it’s darker. Despite liking proper cameras I’m amazed how much I use the iPhone camera so if the 4S or 5 is better it may be worth paying for. Mrs Guru is using a 3G and it seems ancient with a rubbish screen compared to the 4, but I saw a friend’s 5 at the weekend and it looked almost identical to the 4.

dannyc179
    Free Member

Ah thanks for that mate, think I’m going to go for the 4 now! I wont be using the camera for much, and if anything it wont need to be amazing quality, choosing the four due to the £100 gap you see, I will only get about £130 for my current blackberry.

CountZero

dannyc179 – Member
    Ah thanks for that mate, think I’m going to go for the 4 now! I wont be using the camera for much, and if anything it wont need to be amazing quality, choosing the four due to the £100 gap you see, I will only get about £130 for my current blackberry.

And if you believe that… 😆
    I honestly think you’ll find yourself taking far more photos than you possibly imagine. The iP4 camera is surprisingly good, and just the fact you’ve got it with you all the time means you’ll be taking photos a lot more often. Get Autostitch and do panoramas with it, they’re great fun, and HDRPro as well.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Danny> What network are you on? May be able to help..

MrMills > have you still got the slighty moist 4s?

dannyc179
    Free Member

Ill give them a go when I finally get one haha!

Im on o2

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How desperate are you? Might have an iphone for sale in the next few weeks

dannyc179
    Free Member

I still have not sold my Blackberry on yet and that is where the money is coming from, how much would you be looking for, for your iPhone?

scottfelt
    Free Member

I went from a 4 to 5. To be honest I could live with the 4. Had it 2 and a half years with no problems.

giantx4
    Free Member

Danny, i sold my galaxy s2 recently & bought a used iphone4 replacement… Mate, im sooo pleased with this thing,so smooth in use, lovely detailed colourfull screen,camera is fine too.. Im loving mine… Ule be pleased with a 4 id say!;))… Do it..

mr_mills
    Free Member

blooddonor – Member

Couldn’t find that 0% finance option?

It just says “financing available”. It did say it was for a limited period only but it’s still there.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Question about iPhone 4 and 4s?’ is closed to new replies.