Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock
  • JImmAwelon
    Free Member

I have an old Vanilla Rear shock that I wish to bring back into use and want to know if it is in good order. It is one of the old ones without a piggyback. I have removed the spring and compressed the damper rod and it slowly pushes back out but with a slight squelch at the end. No fluid or bubbles but just a squelch, in truth it may not be a liquid squelch but perhaps dried out seals? I’ll lube up the damper rod and try again.

Does anyone have any tips on deciding if this needs attention or not? I want to replace my air shock with the coil spring because the air shock needs continually needs service attention. Any help appreciated.

jonk
    Free Member

They are nitrogen charged so if you can find someone to charge it just change the oil and it will be fine again.I had mine charged at a local MX shop. Mojo can also service older shocks too

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Try mick gardner racing 01226 240099. they deal with ohlins shock and are doing a nitrogen recharge for my noleen shock, so they probably can do yours. cost about £10-£15

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Aaaaaagggghhhhh – and now I have just snapped the rebound knob! It was a bit stiff and I got the pliers on it…. now it’s very loose. Full service mehinks, by someone that knows what they are doing.

retro83
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Query re: old Fox Vanilla Rear Shock’ is closed to new replies.