• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Quantox: concrete block trail
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

can someone show me on a map where the trail starts please?

Its at the kink in the road at the bottom of the map.
    [img]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3483/p1010625t.jpg[/img]

nickjb
    Free Member

Is it a good trail?

Its good in the dry. Some steep turns with slippery stones if its wet. Tricky in the mud, good luck.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Mud!!, on the Quantocks, best of luck finding much of that. 😉

jam-bo

From about 4 mins in. Short but fun.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers all, we did find it, slightly underwhelmed by it tbh, much preferred the descent down bin combe…that twisty/flowy singletrack is awesome!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s probably the best way to drop into that combe. Actually I prefer Dead Woman’s Gully/Ditch of Doubt.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’ve not explored around that area of the tox much but there seems to be loads around there to play on, will be heading up there again very soon, for some combe bashing…
    i have a strava route of what we did but can’t work out how to post up the screen grab..!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Bin Combe in the rain is extra fun 😉

It is my favourite in any condition!

carlphillips
    Free Member

yes agree with that , we found it by accident when climbing up from holford, stopped to have a chat with some chaps coming down and spotted the trail head, had a go and what a gem to find!! road climb out is easy too…all good.
    doesn’t help me with the screen grab though!!

P20

Concrete block is ok, but I prefer dead woman’s ditch, at least I think this is the one. From the Park sign down towards Lady’s Combe? Bin is just fabulous, truly brilliant

A few wet Combes by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

carlphillips
    Free Member

agree with that also!! we call that one sheeps head trail on account of the 1st time we rode it a sheeps head was there…ace trail..!!
    interesting you come up frog combe from there…we always try to go down that one…

MadBillMcMad

P20,
    any chance you could email me the GPX got that route please ?
    email in my profile.

Cheers,

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

The only time I rode down Bin Combe, it was pretty messy and dumped me out in Nether Stowey, with a b1tch of climb back to the ridge, and I didnt even find a cafe there. Pretty sure I’ve got the right one, isnt there a rusty fridge or something similar part way down?

What way would folk climb back up from the end of Bin Combe?

Another question – is there anything worth riding from Dowsborough fort directly towards the Holford car park? Not the trails that double back south towards the start of the Ladys Combe climb, more direct towards Holford (Woodlands Hill on the OS map)?

jam-bo

Straight down to the burger van lay by is flat out fun.

Depressing when the burger van isn’t there though.

ruscle
    Free Member

Go to the right after the rocky first part of the fort, climbing up the grass for about 100m then carry on to the right into the trees and all the way to the gate. You then pop onto the road and its a few minutes back to the burger van at Holford.

You go under the fallen tree then up to your left at the bottom of Bin combe, becomes narrow and through holly bushes you then take the obvious sharp left back up the trail after the bushes and you eventually pop out on the road, then just keep climbing.

P20

Madbill, route sent

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Quantox: concrete block trail’ is closed to new replies.