Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • quantocks tomorrow for the 1st time
  • jedi

ooooh oooh i cant wait 🙂

jam-bo

lucky man.

watch out for ticks, they are hungry little buggers.

timraven

Lucky boy, no car so local for me.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hhmm, wonder if bushwacked will have a hang over 😉

jedi

i know i will 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

Cracking place I will be up there too 😀

It is brilliant but you need someone with local knoledge to get the best out of the place

keyses2

oooh I might have a chance of keeping up if you're all hungover 😉

jedi

mid ride beers too i hope 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

take a compass for those junctions where there are dozens of trails going in all directions. or take a local.

jedi

bushwacked is guiding. if we get lost we'll find a pub and get ruined

ART

Qs were dry and dusty today, Weacombe running superfast! Nice time of year to be having your first ride there. Enjoy. 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

Make sure you hit up the steep stuff in Triscombe, sharkis trail and the chimney – those were my favs.

jacko54321
    Free Member

quantocms are awsome at the moment, fast, dry and dusty.

is shrkis trail the one that joins the chimley half way down ?

sharki
    Free Member

Sort of, Jambo and my old trail starts after triscombe singletrack, at the right hander on the road go left up farm track, at brow of very slight hill by lone tree, pop in right and make sure someone is care taking it.

It descends gently and after a peasy gully jig, it drops through some very small roots onto a fire road, cross over and hit every stump for about 200 metres before going otb onto and rocky forest track, cross over and your into the remains of dells stump, half ST, half overgrown forest track, if your lucky the fox gloves are out at the end, then your on the junction of the chimney about a third of the way down.

I'd recommend shoving up the chimney at this point and at the top of the gully at cross roads turn round and familiarise yourself with the entrance, perhaps put a marker like a rock/stick or small child, then go straight on opp the chimney and up further till you meet a forest track just after aslight rutted grassy area, left on the forest road and next left along and wide(possibly damp) track, as it gets rutted and then rises,after sbout 10metres look left for the most obvious trail and pop in and down a twisty, jumpy, droppy and bermy trail which plops you out on another forest road, left here and climb for i guess 3rd of a mile, look out for the rock/stick or *child you left there earlier, then drop in down the chimney, woot and holla as you go, panic at the small bedrock section, drift the left hander then shit yourself as either find yourself up on the edge trying to stay out of the ditch, or find yourself in the ditch and approaching a slightly bumpy bit at speed into rutted braking area then sharp right hander, then a variety of options of in or above gullys and pinging off a nicely place shinney root, with just a short section under thick overgrowth into another gully and out into the open with optional stream crossing/bridge drop and car park.

Rest here and share your fun or agony before teasingly showing your group the next section, directly opp the chimney exit across the carpark and road is a trail, it goes up to the left in a near vertical direction, as you group curses you and begins ascending whilst your faking gear isses, don't follow them, instead go right at forest road and follow the smell of BBQs at Ramscombe picnic area.

* caution! children should be bound and gagged, last you thing you need is a child running free after shouting for help and you missing out on the chimney.

oink1
    Free Member

sharki – Member
    Sort of,

Good to see you fella! All OK? 8)

sharki
    Free Member

Aye, had two days riding, first in i guess 3 months or more.

Think i'm being dragged to Gawton tomorrow, hopefully it'll all come back to me in my sleep.

jedi

im off now. say hi if you see us or just join us for the ride anyone 🙂

jedi

back now and really enjoyed myself. cheers keyses, peteimprezza and bushawacked for the ride.

🙂

jacko54321
    Free Member

where did you go ?

jedi

dunno. i know we rode the chimney and loads of stuff ending in coombe 🙂 🙂

jacko54321
    Free Member

everywhere finnishes with coombe up there !

jedi

heh heh i know 🙂

a deer ran across in front of me twice which was cool 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

We went everywhere, even places we didn't expect to! 😉

UP Holfordcoombe, Down to the carpark by the bottom of the Chimney up to triscombe stone, down chimney, up to Deadwomans ditch, somerton coombe, up ladies edge, down Weacombe, Down Smiths coombe and then down blackball hill / slaughterhousecoombe.

Great day out and definately a day of two halves. The Q's look beautiful in the sun.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Q's look beautiful in the sun.

They look OK at this very moment, and its quite overcast 😀

peteimpreza

What a great day out on the bike.

The Q's were as good as ever and dry and what a great bunch of people I was lucky enough to be riding with.

Thanks Barney.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘quantocks tomorrow for the 1st time’ is closed to new replies.