Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Quantocks this weekend ! Weather / conditions / best singletrack Yippeeeee :oD
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Travelling down to the Quanys this weekend, whats the conditions like there – were is the best bit of singletrack ?

Its gunna rock !

Dibbs
    Free Member

Conditions are great (as usual).

knottie8
    Free Member

weacombe combe, slaughterhouse combe, stert/somerton combe smiths combe(all downs) .Climbs …holford combe, hodderscombe/ladys edge/sheperds combe ,bicknoller combe, Alfoxton park/beacon hill. Cream tea at the Combe hotel(a bit pricey). Enjoy.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I will be there too…. sporting a shiney new catlike!

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Are any of the locals about on Sat who could possibly show us some good bits if we came down from WsM? I have been to the Qs a couple of times but never really enjoyed it… think I must be missing something so looking for some help

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Any locals riding at all be willing to show me and a couple of friends some nice bits?

carlphillips
    Free Member

try sponging machine, he loves showing people around there..

Dibbs
    Free Member

Any locals riding at all be willing to show me and a couple of friends some nice bits?

Sorry, I'm working all weekend 😥

knottie8
    Free Member

I maybe about on saturday and its only a maybe at the moment.

srrc
    Free Member

I'll be checking out the Quantocks in me Joy Division oven gloves.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im free…. will be at lydeard Hill Car park (Taunton side of the quantocks) at 10 am on Saturday morning. Should be 7 of us at the moment so your all welcome to join us.
    Otherwise about 10.30/10.45 at Crowcombe Park Gate.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Soz, but sunshine and surf this weekend means I won't be about. Charlie is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to hidden bits of singletrack. You'll definitely have a good time with him leading.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Im free…. will be at lydeard Hill Car park (Taunton side of the quantocks) at 10 am on Saturday morning. Should be 7 of us at the moment so your all welcome to join us.
    Otherwise about 10.30/10.45 at Crowcombe Park Gate.

btw that is using CRT which is a lot like BST + 1hr ish

see ya up there charlie

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Charlie – Me and one other (madspot) will meet you at the carpark then, thanks. We will be riding two (very near matching – sadly) Scott Sparks so you recognise us. We will keep an eye out for a group of 7 or so.

My email is sheppie_hill AT sky DOT com

charlierevell
    Free Member

Good good andy! Will be good to see you!
    Sheppie, ill be in a big gunmetal grey VW T5 and on a Whyte 905

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Charlie – more of a hardtail ride then? Not bothered either way just couldn't stand to have the wrong bike with me.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I only have a hardtail…. well only have a few hardtails.
    To be honest you'll have a blast on full sus or hardtail.

Everyone seems to ride a mix, I think Saladdodger may be on a SS.

Would you rather climb or descend? I can suit both… and bring the bike that ties up with that.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Emailed you instead.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks this weekend ! Weather / conditions / best singletrack Yippeeeee :oD’ is closed to new replies.