Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Quantocks singletrack.
  • jam-bo

What happened to it.

first time back in a while last night and every thin sliver of singletrack has turned into a rut with a new parallel track about 2ft to the left.

Bucko

Sorry mate but I didn’t want to get my bike dirty

ajantom

Been like that for a while. The Top of Frog Coombe is a good (bad) example of it – the ‘new’ line developed around that horribly wet summer a couple of years back. Or the Chimney, where the original line is unrideable these days.
    Some of it’s to do with more bike traffic, but a lot has to do with water run-off from the top of the hills down established trails. As the ground is stony the ruts just get washed out and deeper.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙁

Not been there in years, sounds like I won’t go back which is probably a good thing for the regulars !

ajantom

I would, the riding is still superb.
    Did a 20 miler round there on Sunday – Start at Lydeard Hill, down a couple of the Triscombe trails, the Chimney, Frog Coombe down to Holford, Black Ball Wood, up to the Castle and along the Drove road back. Beautiful, dry and dusty 8)

jam-bo

still good, just surprised me.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Stert combe is a good example of this. I still ride the original rocky line but I’ve noticed a new line gradually appearing a foot away on the smoother bit on the left.

Probably all the trail centre riders finding it too rough on their 160mm bikes 😆

jam-bo

Stert into somerton was the first we rode.

Then weacombe seemed to be much the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks singletrack.’ is closed to new replies.