Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quantocks routes
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

I'm heading down to the quantocks for the next couple of days. I've heard there is good cycling there, and I can see the Byways on the OS map, but are there any great bits I should head for in particular? Many thanks.

knottie8
    Free Member

Its great down here good bits ? Slaughterhouse combe,Stert combe, somerton combe.weacombe combe as downs. I'll emails maps if you want.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Ah yes, I had heard it was great! I was told today head to anything that ends in "combe" so I guess that holds true 😉

Knottie, if you have maps already you could email me and its not too much trouble, then that would be great. its alex at bigbandjazz dot co dot uk. Thanks mate. Now I'll try to find those combes on the map!

mattjng
    Free Member

HI, just saw this post, I am hoping to hit the Quantocks this weekend and I always tend to do the same few combes and would really like to try some more. Any chance you could send me the maps too?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Best to get a local to take you around. Sharki took us around for a blast yesterday. Ending in a BBQ sausage fest 8)

trailmonkey

Now I'll try to find those combes on the map!

Easy to find on the OS, not always so easy to interpret on the ground. Lots of trails going hither and thither. Try to get the services of a local guide to avoid dissapointment.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'll be up there on Monday with a few lads from Plymouth if you wanna tag along?

sharki
    Free Member

i can't help this weekend, maybe tomorrow!
    All my maps are in my head and my routes are in my legs.

Actually i'm no help at all, sorry to but in.
    Enjoy!

timraven

I'm down there Friday if anyone's about. I know some of the good stuff, but I'm sure I miss loads as well.

mattjng
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine, it would be great to tag along if that is ok. I was planning on heading out Monday morning so if you are there then it would be great to get shown some stuff.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

No problem. Email me your details and I'll give you a call when I know what time we're meeting. Might go Friday too, depending on work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks routes’ is closed to new replies.