Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)
  • sharki
    Free Member

hard group will be same time but further, with some fun dh trails thrown in, bail ou points along the way should time become an issue.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Sharki will the slower group have any fun downhill bits thrown in? Or should I bring my hardtail?

See you all tomorrow. Should be 3 of us in my Golf 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

rich, depends what you think makes a descent fun…a ht is fine for most the trails but that’s a matter of preference. You may appreciate a full suss on bits of the chimney, and the ridge..but may get more enjoyment from a ht, trails are quite stoney so you may want some buttock protection.
    My advice is bring your favourite bike and one that can climb ok….

saladdodger
    Free Member

Soma rich

If it is of any help most of the \q’s regulars are going back to or are now on hardtails

soma_rich
    Free Member

I think I will bring my Coiler for the simple reason I cant be arsed to put brakes on my Scandal. Plus it will be better for me to haul it around rather than fly along on the 29er.

I imagine we will turn up late after trying to fit 3 bikes in a MK3 golf with 3 people and trying to find the place none of us have been before 🙂

We are aiming for the 09:00 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

bright orange markers will be going up this afternoon, just come off M5 junc 23 and follow signs for minehead, when you get on the A39 look out for the markers easy.

trickydisco
    Free Member

This is the most organised ride i’ll ever go on.. how many ppl at the last count?

Wkd idea on the markers.. look forward to it

sharki
    Free Member

No idea of numbers and never will know, me, knottie and charlie are sodding off to ride on exmoor!

😉

Seriously though, last rough count was 37, then some pulled out more joined and some never told me, therefore my guesstimation is TOO BLOODY MANY!!!
    but will deal with that in the morning.

See’s ya!

Strangelove
    Free Member

I’m one of the late comers you were mentioning. With a forecast as good as null]This[/url] I cant miss out the fun of playing in a new area.
    I am really excited, its the closest I have got to a holiday in ages

Sharki YGM

Andy

Hi All – a bit of a late decision, but can I come too please?

sharki
    Free Member

yes, and as a late comer you can lead the 4th group…

Andy

Is that the group with one rider? 😯

Andy

Nb Have been dithering about this due to a stressfull week at work – bonkers I know! 🙄

snaps
    Free Member

No thats the equal op. group with the muslim, the gay & the unicyclist!

Andy

Oh and I bet Rich took the brakes of his Scandal so he had to bring his coiler – he loves that bike!

Andy

Snaps – so I was right then…one rider!

knottie8
    Free Member

just giving my bike a quick polish so as to look good in the photos !

oxym0r0n

eviljoe – YGM re: transport

Really looking forward to meeting some local bods and people from further afield tomorrow…

Just off to change tyres to “summer” mode…

snaps
    Free Member

I’m smearing mud on mine to look ‘core – D=mor stylee!

oxym0r0n

snaps – no tyre burps tomorrow you’re in the presence of ladies!

snaps
    Free Member

That not happened to me since that day in Hawkcombe,
    Ghetto + 18psi was asking for trouble really!

oxym0r0n

😉

lammy
    Free Member

I am def not working tomorrow, so will be there!

sharki
    Free Member

Sweet that brings it almost up to the 60 mark!!!

trailmonkey

Sweet that brings it almost up to the 60 mark!!!

In 20,000 years time, geologists will wonder how the great Quantocks ridge canyon was formed and will only be able to imagine that sometime around the begining of the 21st C, a mini ice age and resulting glacier must have occured 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Well it won’t happen if the fookers don’t drag their brakes, hopefully they’re all running ssc pads and their brakes will fail….

So fruit comes the rescue and saves the AONB, well doen that man, finally something to be proud of…..

aleigh
    Free Member

Morning!!! See you all in about 3hrs……can’t wait, it’s going to be a brilliant day 😀

knottie8
    Free Member

short weather update………looking out the window there is a slight frost but skies are clear and will very soon be blue.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Minus 1 outside here on the Quantocks at the moment, dress up warm, looks like its going to be another perfect day though.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Oh yes it will be a goooooood day on the road in 2 hours Shame it is -2.2c here at the mo but the forcast is superb

see you all later

knottie8
    Free Member

it will warm up quick as the sky is turning orange because the suns popping over the horizon .Theres a nice long plane vapour trail across the Qs .Now wheres my breakfast !

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It’s a beautiful morning in North Devon. Hurrah for Spring!

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve loaded the car, scrapped the ice off the windscreen and necked a bowl of porridge and a double espresso. I’m off. see you soon 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

There’s no fooker here yet……….

*Taps fingers and has another cuppa to wash the greasy sarrnie down*

snaps
    Free Member

Thats cause we’re not leavin’ for ‘alf an hour yet!
    I thought some were staying there?

sharki
    Free Member

they’ll be having their continental breafasts still 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

beans on toast actually …lol just washing it down with coffee then load the bikes .

scaredypants

have a nice day, you lucky buggers !

scaredy(mothers-day-weekender)pants

Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks roll call for saturday (sharki / Knottie / Charlie ride)’ is closed to new replies.