• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by JAG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quantocks – Road or MTB?
  • beer247
    Free Member

Heading down to Somerset next week for a much needed week away!

My brother in law was supposed to be bringing his road bike down but logistics are too complicated apparently.

So, do i still take the road bike? or shall i take my MTB instead?

I know Triscombe is nearby with some decent DH stuff but would probably look to do a loop.

Staying in West Bagborough, so a MTB ride straight out the door would be good!

jam-bo

Mtb. Every time. You are right on the doorstep of awesome.

thepurist

Mtb all the way, and when you’re done with the quantocks go to Exmoor for a whole load more awesome

rob2
    Free Member

I think the answer is take both!

Joking aside either works. I’d say look at the weather too. If wet you certainly want the mtb as quantocks and exmoor drain well but on the roads they can get slippy with all the field /mud run off

sargey2003

Mtb for sure

jonostevens
    Free Member

Leaving the mountain bike at home would be a crime worthy of punishment by spending eternity doing repeats of Crowcombe Hill. 🙂

West Bagborough is a lovely village, right on the trails. There’s a fun bridleway to finish too that delivers you to the door of the Rising Sun for a post ride pint.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I’d take the road bike. Nothing on the internet about Quantocks or Exmoor being any good. Don’t risk it …. take the road bike you will be much happier.

holdsteady

take some Joy Division oven gloves too – apparently they are very useful for checking out the Quantocks

Esme
    Free Member

And don’t forget piccalilli shin knee-pads as well

(I’ve no idea what this actually means, I do hope it’s not rude)

kayak23

Quantocks never crashed…

I’m an excellent rider…

JAG

MTB – Quantocks has some amazing trails not just DH

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks – Road or MTB?’ is closed to new replies.