Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Quantocks ride 21 st march….
  • Si
    Free Member

Stop lying sharki, its gonna be nearer 40odd and at your relentless pace 😉

Think you should but them bald tyres back on to help slow youse down.

And id be up for 2days with some bivvin goin on too

Philby

Replied to IHN’s Cotswold’s Massiv email. Hope to come along. Sounds like two groups would be sensible with the anticipated numbers.

knottie8
    Free Member

two groups can be done and I will lead the easier group . Its easy to put a leisure route inside a hard loop(if that makes sense) so some of the time we could all ride together.

sharki
    Free Member

Si, i’m in my winter slackers guise so just a few few miles per rides atm, and after todays walk up there i can’t see any big milage rides up there for a few weeks at least.

I think the two group thing will happen, not so much for mixed fitness or ability but for sheer numbers.

And as knottie said we can sort out a way of mixing it about so we can all ride together.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I’m up for it possibly plus madam aswell.

best plan the groups routes though, 20 people heading in opposite directions up/down a combe would be a bit interesting 😯

sharki
    Free Member

Burchy, you were on my mail list anyway….

And some trails are one way in my book, for example you do not use these as climbs> chimney, frog combe(roller coaster) weacombe, concrete block, oblivion, and you don’t descend, ladys edge, lady’s combe, horizon or any forest road.

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m sure sharki and knottie have the plan all under control 😉

jam-bo

where the hell is oblivion?

and if the weather is nice then i might pop up.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Sharki – i didnt get anything, but Hotmail is useless.
    Agree most stuff up there is one way really, have you been over to the more natural DH runs on the far side of the Cockercombe area lately?

jam-bo

there is nothing natural about them….

Burchy1
    Free Member

jambo – ok Manmade DH runs built to appear ‘natural’ i.e without jumps, berms etc 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Jambo, remember when we did that ralphies ride and we did a fairly steep descent into the bottom of lady’s edge, well remember the carnage after the little step down and how you used a few fallen bikes to gain traction to get round the corner? that’s oblivion.

As for the ‘natural’ dh runs, yeah they’re great fun, i’d say they’re more organic than natural, they’ve only been labeled that as they have no built jumps/kickers, etc on them well perhaps a few;-) )

And if i lead a group out i may well include one of those during the chimney leg.

Burchy1
    Free Member

that was going to be a suggestion as it links in quite nicely.

jam-bo

ah yeah,

i take it your not planning on taking a group down the really steep runs near snaggletooth? that i would bring a video camera for…

qwerty
    Free Member

ygm

charlierevell
    Free Member

Ill be there….

azarat
    Free Member

Will be traveling up with Snaps. Looking forward to a days riding.

sharki
    Free Member

Jambo, now there’s an idea 😉

qwerty, got it and would be great to see you here again,

everyone, for all those who’ve mailed me, how early a start can you make? as it seems some have quite a journey to make.

I was thinking a 9 0’clock meet and 10 o’clock start, to allow for late arrivals and faffage.

Oh hang on! i’ve tried this before and got so many mixed times and opinions it got messy.

Meet at Crowcombe park gate parking area st150377. We ride AT 10am.

If you snooze or don’t have the bike fit the night before then folow the tyre marks, we’ll be out there somewhere.

cinnamon_girl

sharki – ygm

IHN
    sharki
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl, i got it, and will reply in detail later tonight or tomorrow evening.

IHN, that’s the place more than enough places there for vehicles and a nice central location, if however the weather is good enough and everyone would like a BBQ afterwards we should meet at ST182378.

scraprider
    Free Member

is there going to be a ride on sun 22 or is it just sat 21 ,cheers

IHN

If we meet at Adscombe, am I right in thinking that we can finish on the Chimney? Always good to finish with a descent.

Dibbs
    Free Member

st150377 07:40ish Friday morning, the snow “may” be gone by next month though 🙄

MicArms

Sharki, Knottie, I’ll be up for the 21st. My old man and son are going to a steam festival down Minehead ( ohh the excitement!) so I can drop them off and do a nice bit of riding too…

Strangelove
    Free Member

I am interested in coming and seeing a new part of the world if there is room for a slow bloke. Sorry but cant completely commit at the moment so can you pencil me in?
    Ta

knottie8
    Free Member

Mick
    steam trains are cool especialy if they get you down here again !
    strangelove
    All these people claiming to be slow riders cant all be telling the truth (surely). the slow group will be fun and will take in some of the best combes out there just avoiding the gert long climbs !

johnners
    Free Member

take in some of the best combes out there just avoiding the gert long climbs

Who are you, Escher?

knottie8
    Free Member

Ah , I didnt say avoiding all the climbs just the gert ones . lol

sharki
    Free Member

i’m thinking that the groups shouldn’t be divided by fitness but what sort of ride they want. One can be the scenic jolly and the other a balls out dick about in the hills with cake…….
    Soooo! Who wants cake and balls out?

knottie8
    Free Member

“a balls out dick about in the hills with cake”

( lets out a schoolboy like giggle)……

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks ride 21 st march….’ is closed to new replies.