Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • quantocks pixies.
  • sharki
    Free Member

The combed have taken a battering this winter and the resulting damage has been severe.
    Thankfully it would appear that various pixies armed with saws, have done their bit to keep trails passable.

But there’s still loads to do.

Cleared now are frog combe, dwd gully run-the holford/frog junction.
    And bin combe is clear, with a slight divert, you still need to drop in by the safe, go under the ivy arch and then rejoin the upper trail to either seek out the holly run to Stowey, or mulch hill back up to the road at Walfords Gibbet.

To the couple of bikers we met just below dead woman’s ditch, the ones who helped us shift that little Oak.
    Did you lose something?
    Check your kit, we found something after you left. I have it.

And to the pixies should they use the internet.
    Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Esme
    Free Member

How disappointing . . . I was hoping for photos of real fairies 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

sharki
    Free Member

Pixies are smaller and even my wildlife tracking skills aren’t good enough to find them.

jam-bo

Let me know when your done and ill come back for a visit…

40mpg

I was going to post about the Q’s this evening, on this very topic. Just back today from a few days walking up there with the missus, and got to say I was staggered by the damage!

Has someone let off a small nuclear device in Port Talbot, and the Q’s suffered the shockwave? (wishful thinking I know)
    Did a small but not insignificant hurricane cross the Atlantic and make landfall at West Quantoxhead?
    Has Ash Dieback taken a sinister turn and attacked every living thing with a trunk girth over 300mm?

Walking up Hodders Combe, any of the above looked a distinct possibility. There’s trees down everywhere, major trails blocked, roots uprooted leaving huge holes in the tracks.

Its going to take more than a few fairies to shift that lot. I did kick a few sticks to the side but its going to take Power Tools and Muscle to fix it!

sharki
    Free Member

Jambo, if it’s down to rights of way, it’ll still be the same next Feb.
    I’ll try and get up there and spark up the saw a few more times before thw end of march. But in the meantime, diverts will naturally happen.

40mpg.

I’ve wandered the hill more than most over the last 8 years, it all weather, throughout the seasons and haven’t seen the like before.

I’d hate to think years of radiation from the nearby nuclear PowerStations waste disposing methods have been sucked up weakening the trees…

matt22
    Free Member

Horner woods in Exmoor has been hit by some heavy winds and rain aswell, theres trees snapped everywhere

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I finished off the chimney on Friday after work. Yesterday i cleared the trail that starts the otherside of the road opposite the climb out of cockercombe and comes out at the top of Greatwood.

There was some kind of hunt or something happening up there as I kept bumping into dogs/horses/quads/people in Land rovers etc 😆

failbiker
    Free Member

Did we lose something? I’m assuming you’re talking about us. We met you at the bottom of Concrete Block. I’ll check my gear.

sharki
    Free Member

Yes you..
    🙂

failbiker
    Free Member

Well, a quick search of my gear reveals I might be missing my leather-man. I haven’t looked anywhere else for it yet as I’m assuming that’s what you’ve got. In which case: Cheers for that! I’m always misplacing that. Is there a PM feature on this forum? Or should I just email you via the contact email you have listed on your profile?

sharki
    Free Member

Email will do fine.
    🙂

failbiker
    Free Member

Email sent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘quantocks pixies.’ is closed to new replies.