Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quantocks knowledge, Slaughter house combe
  • ruscle
    Free Member

Hi, Last time down at Quantocks we missed the sharp right turn into Slaughter House combe and passed it on the left as when approaching the right turn it disappears behind the ferns and my friends thought the trail continued straight on as this ribbon of trail was more obvious to them. So I called them back to continue on the correct path. They commented that it looked ok but I can’t work out where this ribbon would come out or wether it would stop abruptly or end with a shear drop through the trees!
    Does anyone know if this little trail is any good or dosen’t continue, I want to give it a go but don’t live local so time is minimal and also Slaughter House becomes slow and bogging this time of year. Any advice would be welcome.

ruscle
    Free Member

Bump

sharki
    Free Member

Knottie has been known to enjoy dragging people down there, i’m sure it’s for is entertainment only.

There is a trail, and widely defined at around 3-4 metres across, it gets steepish, rooty in places and kinda muddy haven been churned up by deer and horses. Also as you enter the tree line, there’s a fallen tree that you need to navigate around. It comes out just the other side of the stream crossing that you’ll cross heading up ladies edge.
    If you like getting your balls stroked by knobbles of rubber, from excessive ass over the back wheel riding, and struggling to control speed due to lock ups and loose non muddy mud, then ride it.
    If you prefer speed, flow and water crossings, go right of the ferns and do Slaughterhouse.

In fact if your riding mates hate semi steep loose trails, take them down the other and giggle at them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dibbs
    Free Member

The very bottom of Slaughterhouse can gat a little boggy (not enough to worry about) and this time of the year the fallen leaves can hide gully’s, boulder’s roots etc and make the trail more interesting 😉

ruscle
    Free Member

Sounds like I should have left them to continue down following slightly behind so I could enjoy watching them get into difficulties as they took too much speed into it!!

Thinking of riding at the tocks on sunday, what are the conditions like at the moment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks knowledge, Slaughter house combe’ is closed to new replies.