Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quantocks from Burnham
  • misterlee
    Free Member

Ok. Having been advised on riding either the quantocks or mendips while I’m down in Burnham, I’m in need of some advice. How do I get to the quantocks by car? I’d like to do some moderate riding. Where do I start? Is there parking for the car? And where can I get a nice pint?

oldfart

Get on the A38 head to Bridgwater , then head towards Minehead . Parked in the village at Holford you turn left at the Plough . Job done enjoy !

chives
    Free Member

+1 for the Quantocks, I went yesterday. Holford’s only 21 miles from Burnham (take the A39) – why take the car? 🙂

misterlee
    Free Member

cheers guys

why take the car?

i’m not as fit as i’d like to be 😳

quantockspaul
    Free Member

Go for the quantocks. I think holford will be your best bet too. Loads of routes in MBR etc which use holford. It is at the bottom of the hill though so up to start but down to finish:) crowcombe park gate is at the top on the main ridge if you want to start with down. North end is more heath and rocky Combes, whilst south end is more wooded. ( the downhill tracks are based in great wood out of triscombe stone).
    I say take the car and get more off-road in for your available time and energy.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I say take the car and get more off-road in for your available time and energy.

I’m only a few miles away and always take the car, there’s far too much good riding there to waste time on the road 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks from Burnham’ is closed to new replies.