Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quantocks – Frog Combe grid ref?
  • ryanctj
    Free Member

Heading to the quantocks this weekend, went last year and did the MBR killer loop so have a rough idea of the layout. Was just wondering if anyone had a grid ref for Frog Combe (the bit at 1:10 in this vid: http://youtu.be/zbhSTpKuzbE . Can’t wait to ride there again! Many thanks

jam-bo

Not sure of grid ref but its on the northern side. Pretty obvious where it drops in.

My favourite bit of the quantocks but apparently there is a massive tree down halfway down.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I make it something like ST 1490838821 (ST 149388 if you only use 6 figs.)
    Why not give Slaughterhouse Combe a try?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P20

Not the reference, but heres a map

A few wet Combes by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

jam-bo

That looks a fun route except I’d do concrete block instead of dead women’s ditch

ryanctj
    Free Member

Thanks all, the map and grid ref are very handy. It’s looking like a scorcher 🙂

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

My favourite bit of the quantocks but apparently there is a massive tree down halfway down

Its one of mine too. I got bored last week so went for a walk with the saw. I managed to reduce it from having to climb up the bank and go round it all to just having to lift the bike over one big log. The last bit was too big for one man and his bow saw so will have to go back with some help for that one!

Before and after

P20

Good work that man 😀

chives
    Free Member

Jambo – does ‘concrete block’ begin off the road up from Bin Coombe? I think I passed it yesterday but I’ve only been over there a few times. I did Smith’s / Holford then got a bit muddled but ended up on that lane (at 5 lords I think).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks – Frog Combe grid ref?’ is closed to new replies.