Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Quantocks conditions update wanted please .
  • oldfart

Planning on an outing tomorrow or Sunday .I take it Bambi on Ice is so last year now ?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I was up there around 8ish this morning (riding home from work) and it looked pretty rideable to me, I was on a CX bike which made thing a bit more "interesting".

oldfart

Cheers Dibbs .Won't be there much earlier than 930 – 10 ish so should be ok i reckon .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharki
    Free Member

I'll try and meet you OF, walked up there today and it's firm on top, with icy piddles to crunch through, very few patches of ice to ride on and tiz wet in the bottom with lots of run off.

I'll come here int morn and check on your plans and meeting place. i've not ridden in 10 weeks so go easy on me…

SOAP
    Free Member

Lads and lasses
    I've lost the QR out of my Pike maxle up there yesterday!
    Route; crowcombe,weacombe out to the top of Smiths down and round to cut into ladies edge then out of holford and frog combe!
    Cheers

Dibbs
    Free Member

Currently -1.5c here at the foot of the Quantocks.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just looked out the window (now that its light) and there's been a fine dusting of snow.

oldfart

Oooh oooh snow !Well i'm slowly getting ready .We've got ice ice baby here .Reckon i'm going to be at Crowcombe c/p sometime between 10 and 1030 .Sharki go easy on you ? hmmm .Was thinking of ridge to Triscombe m/way to Great Wood climb to Dead Woman's then Gas Line and see from there .If thats any good for you ?Not mad or tech just a sub zero bimble .Might see you there ?

oldfart

Probably too tame ?

oldfart

Given that a bit more thought .Road from Over Stowey up might be too "interesting" .Going to park at Great Wood at the bottom of the Chimney .

sharki
    Free Member

Sorry mate, unforeseen circumstances meant staying in bed was a better option given the intense training it would provide.

Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as i did.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Very rideable! Bloody nippy when you were out of the sun.
    Nice spot of lunch in the pub tho!

knottie8
    Free Member

ground conditions spot on !

eviljoe
    Free Member

Excellent- taking the Exeter crew up there tomorrow 🙂

oldfart

knottie thought you went to Dartmoor .sharki sounds like she was worth it !

sharki
    Free Member

She was, though spotted charlie as he passed by my dogging spot at triscombe stone..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks conditions update wanted please .’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts