Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Quantock hills
  • foxy77
    Free Member

Has anybody ridden there? Any advice or tips appreciated

SOAP
    Free Member

Nope never heard of them. Must be rubbish.

nickjb
    Free Member

They are ace. Loads of great tracks dotted around and very few dull bits. You can put together a good long route in quite a small area. Hard to recommend a route as everyone seems to have a different favourite. Also very good in all weathers.

oldfart

I expect I’ll be down there Friday if you could stand being in the company of an old giffer ! Happy to show you round in exchange for a pint of cider at the Plough

foxy77
    Free Member

Hi guys, I heard they are good plenty of downhill? I wish we could join you but we’re in Kent but coming down there for some riding in September, we should link up then perhaps?

rob2
    Free Member

Its not worth it. Rubbish singletrack, rubbish downhill sections, rubbish all year round riding.

Not worth it 🙂

foxy77
    Free Member

Mbr reckon its really good…must be worth a look??

durborough
    Free Member

Try this for some route ideas: https://www.trailforks.com/region/the-quantock-hills/?lat=51.114388&lon=-3.210583&z=12&m=trailforks
    In general….
    Triscombe area = downhill routes,
    West side = open fast single track
    Tracks heading NE or E towards Holford = open country heading in to woods.

Esme
    Free Member

It was certainly popular back in the day, before trail centres were even dreamed of.

Nowadays, everyone goes to places like Bike Park Wales, where they’ll drive you up the hill. At the Quantocks, you’d spend most of the day riding uphill. Not worth bothering, really.

foxy77
    Free Member

Great.. that looks the business.

foxy77
    Free Member

I could do with losing some weight…what goes up must come down.

Esme
    Free Member

Don’t say we didn’t warn you . . .

ifra
    Free Member

That link must be old, as far as I’m aware the amazing trails of quantocks are no more, just keep driving by……

durborough
    Free Member

Trail builders have been busy in the Triscombe area since it reopened following the harvesting last year. A map at the Triscombe Stone car park gives further details. The area that was OOB is now open and with some sweet new/rebuilt trails.

Duffer
    Free Member

Find anything with the word ‘coombe’ in its name, and ride it. You really can’t go wrong. Not even terrible weather can spoil that place.

Erm… no… I mean… it’s rubbish.

rob2
    Free Member

Yep, nothing to see. Carry on the M5 to Dartmoor 😉

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I have just moved from Kent to Hemyock and looking for some local rides to do. Would pay in beer and cake for someone to show me a few trails in the Quantocks!

Esme
    Free Member

“Would pay in beer and cake . . . “
    There is no cake 🙁 the teashop in Holford closed years ago.
    See, it’s really not worth bothering with.

oldfart

No cake since Stella left 🙁 But cheeses chips at the Plough are ace

rob2
    Free Member

Mrwhyte – I’m near Trull and a friend in culmhead. We both have young kids but try to get out of a weekend if you fancy coming out

mrwhyte
    Free Member

That would be great, cheers Rob!

northerntom
    Free Member

A Quantock Hello – Some indepth Qs about the area

useful thread. I was at Triscombe last weekend and it’s great.

jonostevens
    Free Member

Moved to the Qs from Essex last year, it’s rubbish, I’m going back.

Happy to show peeps around anytime. Bang for buck and smiles for miles, it’s the best place I’ve ridden. So much variation and fun descents in such a compact place.

jam-bo

The only time I miss living in Taunton is when quantocks threads come up.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Quantock hills’ is closed to new replies.