Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Quality Street…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So, what TF has happened to all the nice flavours and the nice paper-wrapped ones?

Bloody cheapskates – they are crap now.

So – what alternative?

xcgb
    Free Member

yes the choc is orrible now like easter egg choccy just get good quality choc like green & blacks and eat less of it!

sweepy
    Free Member

NOT miniature heroes.

carbon337
    Free Member

So in terms of chocolate how about a comparison.

Green and Blacks – tasty, available everywhere so not niche, popular but expensive = Orange Bikes

Thorntons – quite tasty but sellouts, no longer niche, sold everywhere = Giant

Roses – Cheap, tasty, lots of options, generally acceptable = Specialized

Quality Street – Cheaper again, crap wrappers, poor taste, do the job as a present but everyone knows you should have bought Roses = Saracen maybe (I know your Zen is excellent)

LMT
    Free Member

I prefer Roses, but so do the ethnic community in the store i work in, take a pallet out, turn round damn things empty!! keep seeing trollies full of them leaving the store, sweets that is!!

Not sure what the difference is between roses and the other sweets but Pac’s an ethnic supermarket sells the big tins all year round.

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t forget these.

The King of the Christmas chocolates (in our house anyway)

TPTcruiser

We have a tin of Roses here in work. The change of ownership to Kraft has seen a reduction in choices and some confusion over colours and varieties. I quite liked the coconut one but that has been dropped.
    All the wrappers say “contains soya” in really big letters too, I thought the cheapness was our little secret but they just blab it, sheesh!

sweepy
    Free Member

Harry, your **** mad mate. Those are just ordinary everyday chocolates- but smaller. How is that an improvement, its Xmas for cliffs sake.

stumpy01

I’m with HtS on this one. Celebrations all the way for me, please!!

If not, then Roses.

Quality Street are a last resort (although I obviously will stuff my face with them, given no other option).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Celebrations are boring, thats everyday sort of chocolate. Roses, followed by QS. But furrerorroo rosher are the best

finbar
    Free Member

Guerlian (sp?) chocolate seashells. Mmm. Not very festive though.

sturmey
    Free Member

We have a tin of roses that we told the kids “not till christmas day” but have been scoffing on an evening. The look on their faces on christmas day when they open it to find just one left is going to funny.

firestarter
    Free Member

Sturmey make some pretend sweets out of the wrappers and retape back up. I did it at work it was fun to see the reactions;)

cynic-al
    Free Member

What firestarter starter said but fill with chocolate sized jobby portions.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quality Street…’ is closed to new replies.