Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quality leather sofas?
  • RustySpanner

Looking to replace a couple of 20 odd year old handmade sofas.

Would prefer something that’s going to last, works out cheaper in the end.
    Had a poke around the usual suspects, lots of fake leather backs and not much choice.

Springvale Leather is local and looks decent.
    We’ve a place that can order Poliform, but the Italians are about to go for lunch ’till Autumn.
    😐

Like some IKEA sofas but not convinced they last.

Any recommendations?

JL & M&S look ok, but I’d prefer to buy direct from the manufacturers if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Rio

Depends a lot on the style and what you want to pay. Arlo and Jacob do some good stuff, just bought one of their chairs. Multiyork are good as long as you go for the stuff they make and not the Italian imports, our leather sofa seems to withstand wear including cat claws quite well.

ji
    Free Member

Consider second hand? There are some amazing bargains if you don’t mind a bit of wear, and can collect.

tthew

We’re just replacing a leather Marks and Spencers leather sofa of similar vintage, which was ex-display from the Chester store so they were certainly decent nearly 2 decades ago!

We’ve gone for Next this time, the premium leather is nice on the little swatch they sent us.

tails
    Free Member

ikea do some decent stuff, I was surprised by the quality to be honest. Can you get yours reupholstered?

Flaperon

DFS, surprisingly. It’s nice to buy a cheapish sofa and be impressed by the quality.

DFS – Dammed Fine Sofas.

FuzzyWuzzy

The Furniture Village leather stuff seems good quality to me, happy with my new one although it’s about twice the price I’d wanted to pay…

philholmes
    Free Member

6 years ago I got my leather sofa from here (http://www.darlingsofchelsea.co.uk/) used the Birmingham store, assistants were really nice, delivery date was met and sofa is really nice. Not much more I can add

tron
    Free Member

You want to know two things.

1. What grade of leather you are getting. There is a lot of corrected / textured stuff out there. It can be fine, it can be really poor.

2. What the spec of the frame and cushions are. Nobody will tell you this. But you can have a good guess if you get your hands on the care guide for the sofa. The more they warn you about fluffing things up and turning cushions and not always sitting in the same spot, the more likely it is to wear poorly.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Not entirely sure where they rank but they make some nice stuff:

Halo

Gary_M
    Free Member

We bought Natuzzi 3 seater, 2 seater and chair about 15 years ago. Still look great but have started to sag on the most used seats. Could do with being replaced soon I guess

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quality leather sofas?’ is closed to new replies.