Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quadcopters for (nearly) adults
  • jimmy

I bought my Nephew a mini quadcopter for Christmas (Syma something-or-other as recommended on here). Poor lad hardly got a look in because I thought I’d better teach him how to fly it first (ie I was having too much fun with it. Besides, he had an X-box as well).

So now I’d like to get one myself but something a bit (only a bit) better, most importantly that flies for longer.

Anyone have one already to recommend? A lot seem to come with cameras which I’m not really fussed about – that might get a bit weird.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Model shop on Lothian Road has a few.

crazy-legs

How much bigger?
    Hubsan X4 is about palm size, flies for 8ish minutes on full charge. £30 on Amazon.
    DJI Phantom is the other popular one, big enough to carry a go-pro. 20 mins flight time, can pick up the base model for just over £300 on buzzflyer.co.uk

richmars

Get yourself over here:

(it’ll be expensive)

Davesport

Blade 350 QX is a nice easy to learn on quad. It’ll fly for around 12 minutes & comes with a mount for your GoPro. The extra weight of the camera brings your flight time down to 8 – 9 minutes. It’s equipped with GPS full return to home function, electronic compass & barometric altimeter.

I’m selling one if you’re interested. It’s brand new. Horizon Hobby replaced it under warranty after a component on the main board failed. They replaced everything in the box, Quadcopter, controller, battery, charger & spare props. Everything is brand new apart from the cardboard box & the polystyrene. There’s also a bag of spare parts from a previous 350 I had.

I’m looking for £200 & it’ll come with two spare batteries.

East Lothian

D.

mogrim

Hubsan X4 is about palm size, flies for 8ish minutes on full charge. £30 on Amazon.

I’ve got one of these, and got another one as a present for my dad this Christmas – great things, easy(ish) to fly, and seem fairly robust. If you do get one make sure you get the crash ring, too. And the crash pack – it includes an extra battery.

jimmy

Husban x4 is smaller than I was after.

Dave – more than I was looking to spend but will have a look at them as it sounds about right. Might be in touch…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quadcopters for (nearly) adults’ is closed to new replies.