Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quadcopter with camera – for a 6-year old?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Still haven’t bought jr_bandito#1 a christmas present. wondering about a mini quadcoter with a camera, maplin have one for £50.

Too complicated for a 6 year old? Any alternatives (that can be bought in a shop this weekend, left it a bit late for online ordering…)?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I considered this, but went down the kids bike route. There seemed to be a lot of claims around the big Parrot AR’s being easier for young kids to master, small craft being a bit too sensitive for youngsters. didn’t pursue it any further tho, so no first hand experience. More expensive than your £50 budget as well. I decided it was too much of a blokes desire than a kids. How about Nerf guns?

lightman
    Free Member

I bought one for my 10 year old nephew and he is not getting it.
    It needs a huge amount of patience and control, it took me at least a dozen trys before I started to get the hang of it, plus the batterys only last around 5mins.

They’re are a great idea if you know the kid/person getting it has the patience.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

My oldest, now 6, had one of the standard syma helicopters the other year. It took a little while for him to get the two hands doing different things bit, but he did in the end. Quite a nice bonding exercise actually, one of us doing collective, the other the cyclic, then swapping over. Go for it. Starts from about 2oquid. But more for a camera one.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Here:

no camera

Or here:

quad with camera

mogrim

I’d say 6 was too young for a quadcopter, unless the basic plan is that you want one and it’s an excuse 🙂

A car would be more fun at that age, easier to control and less likely to break.

Milkie
    Free Member

Here’s a review of the cheap quadcopters.

The Best overall and most indestructible: Air Hogs Helix X4 Stunt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quadcopter with camera – for a 6-year old?’ is closed to new replies.