Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Quack / squelch from Rebas?
  • sam_underhill

As above really, as my rockshox Rebas extend after a big bump, they make a squishing sound which is almost like a quack! Any ideas what might be wrong? They are probably due a service anyway.

Jamie
    Free Member

Quacking noise? They sound ducked.

IGMC.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Speculatively… it sounds as if the noise is coming from your rebound damping chamber/ rebound damper. It could just be a normal noise associated with the damping oil swishing through the damper after a big hit? Then again… it could be (speculatively) air in the damper chamber that is making the noise, as it squelches / mixes with the oil. Air in the damper chamber would probably mean that you've not enough oil in there. Why would that be? I dunno.

This could all be irrelevant, as the sound could be perfectly normal – I know that if I move my Rebas up and down hard they sort of make a squelch too.

I know mine are due an oil change too, so I'm gonna be following this fantastic set of step-by-step photographic instructions for advice. Good luck!

angryratio
    Free Member

like a queef?

I've had a set of rebas that queefed. A Service solved it.

sam_underhill

I might just send them to TFtuned again, maybe get them PUSHed while I'm at it 😉

timwillows
    Free Member

Its their way of saying "service me"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Quack / squelch from Rebas?’ is closed to new replies.