Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • QR15 Play?
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I've just quickly fettled the bike after a weekend of riding and noticed that there is play/wobble in the front wheel.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the bearings as unmounted it spins freely and both sides of the hub seem OK. The QR15 spindle is nipped up yet I can rock the wheel slightly from side to side.

Does anyone else get this with their QR15 forks? Can it be cured?

khani
    Free Member

if its a fox, try tightening the nut (the bit with the numbers on) a bit

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks khani, I'll take a look at that. Wasn't sure that you could adjust anything that side.

I've also found an old forum post (via google) on here regarding the spacers and bearings. So I'm going to remove the spacers and tap the bearings a little to reseat.

nickegg
    Free Member

My old 15QR did that….never got rid of it but it couldn't be felt when riding.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

What front hub have you got? There was an issue with hope pro2 hubs which I and a few others had. Hope had some 'dodgy' bearing tolerences which cuased play in their hubs (seemed to be with 15QR forks. Hope sent me a new set of bearings and it was sorted.

Hadge
    Free Member

There was definitely some issues with Shimano 15mm hubs – as reported in many UK bike mags.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

The hub is a Pro2. I took the wheel into the LBS today for them to have a look and they believe the issue might be with one of the bearings. They are replacing both as a precaution.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘QR15 Play?’ is closed to new replies.