Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • QR15 Dynamo Just Arrived :-)
  • robdeanhove
    Free Member

I just got this lovely little thing in the post, SP’s latest PD-8 disck brake dynamo in QR15 flavour. A huge thanks to the lovely guys at Intelligent Desing Cycles, who were infinitely helpful with the amazingly enthusiastic German Customs Department.

Time to start wheel building…..

scotroutes

Rob – do you know if there is a way of converting these to a standard Q/R?

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I’ve not looked into that yet. But they come in a 9mm standard QR versions too.

See here: LINK

PhilO
    Free Member

I got one a few weeks ago, and have been using it for two or three weeks. It came with a little dummy QR axle to fit it into a fork with dropouts. The plan is to install a second wiring loom on the other bike so that I can swap lamp and front wheel over easily, although I haven’t yet tried the adapter for size.

So far very pleased with it, incidentally. 😀

MSP

I did hear that they will do a 9mm converter axle for it. Makes sense if you want to future proof your purchase, fit it into 9mm qr now and keep the option of going 15mm later.

I did email them about the possibility of a 10mm through axle converter, but never got a reply.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

UPDATE!

It seems the guys at IDC supply this hub with a 9mm adapter. This may be standard from SP, but no infor on their website, or it could just be IDC being lovely.

SEE HERE for more info (scroll down)

scotroutes

[i]This[/i] has my attention!

boxfish
    Free Member

Hello,

I’m interested in running a dynamo light for off-road. I’m partial to a bit of wheel building too, so I might give this hub a go.

What make/model of lamp do you use it with?

scotroutes

Woohoo!

It’s my birthday next month too 😉

robdeanhove
    Free Member

What make/model of lamp do you use it with?

Easy – USE REVO. Brighter, free of flicker and with a stronger standlight than the usual suspects from B&M, Supernova etc., absolutely essential for proper offroad. Proper fit and forget kit.

boxfish
    Free Member

Cheers!

PhilO
    Free Member

MSP » I did hear that they will do a 9mm converter axle for it. Makes sense if you want to future proof your purchase, fit it into 9mm qr now and keep the option of going 15mm later.

This has my attention! [/quote]

That’s who I got mine from (via Ebay) and can confirm the adapter was included (as I said upthread). I don’t have pictures to hand, but it’s essentially the same as this adaptor at CRC.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

These are great dynamos. I’ve got the standard disc one. I run it on my Fargo withthe lights always on. More than enough light for the road and bike paths. I must have done about a thousand off road miles with it now.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Complete wheel built and comes in at 960g on my kitchen digital scales as a 29er wheel

Pretty astonishing, considering a Hope Hoop 29er is 810g, only 150g penalty.

Add 110g for a Revo, and that’s 260g for the light and power source, for 800lumens, all night! Lighter than any battery light that’s nice and bright, and I never need to turn the light down or charge a battery, let alone fret about burn time at the end of a night time epic or in cold weather 🙂

I am very happy indeed 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘QR15 Dynamo Just Arrived :-)’ is closed to new replies.