Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • QR to 10mm
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

I got hope pro II with normal QR. Is it possible to put 10mm adaptors in and use it with a DT Swiss RWS using QR drop outs? Would I see much benefit?

sv

You will need to change adaptors and the axle, CRC have the kit. You can then use the RWS or a 10mm QR (superstar, NC17 etc). It should stiffen up the rear end whether you notice or not is another thing 🙂

kiwifiz
    Free Member

9mm for front, 10mm for rear. DT Swiss RWS available in both sizes. Benefits for front more than rear in terms of stiffness? Greater compression across fork possible is my (limited and probably erroneous) understanding. Very dependant on your fork/set up I guess. Did this on both ends of my Soul with pro2 evos but can’t honestly say there was a huge perceptible difference but my 120 dual chamber reba is fab plowing through most stuff anyway. Subjectively feels a bit more secure at least! Hope conversion kits readily available

warpcow
    Free Member

I saw a benfit on my old Heckler. How much depends on the frame I suppose.

ndthornton
    Free Member

If you have the evo hubs you dont need a new axle – just new end caps

Shorty121
    Free Member

I got evo hubs so I just need this? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pro-2-evo-rear-hub-conversion-kit/rp-prod68578 but the bolt thru option and a DT swiss RWS or superstar?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Yes, I had the superstar 10th quick release one. It does a good job although others may be lighter

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve done with superstar too ,cheap & straight forward,but because it’s steel I’m sure there’s lighter but dearer !.

oldnick

Only notice a difference if the back end of your bike is particularly flexy. The DT skewer is a lot lighter than the SS one.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Is the Dt 10 mm axle quite light ?.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I would of thought so with it being Alloy and hollow. I may get the Superstar axle to try it as it’s half the price of the RWS

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Just given my fs a 10mm rear conversion, can’t say I feel any massive change over a qr but I’m much happier throwing the bike off big stuff now as it feels much more substantial than a qr pin

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Apparently any stiffness increases comes from the increased torque you can get on the lever, and the dt rws does up much tighter than the superstar one, which I doubt is much better than an xt at skewer.

I had some forks with a casting error, a dt rws 9mm would show up the casting error, resulting in an off-centre wheel, whereas the superstar one wouldn’t as it wouldn’t do up as tight.

If you are going to do the conversion there isn’t much point without the rws one, but that’s only if your back end needs stiffening up anyway.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I’m not sure if i’ll do it or not.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘QR to 10mm’ is closed to new replies.