Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • QR seatpost clamps – what works and lasts?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Using a cheap QR seatpost clamp (~£7) ATM, but if I do it up tight enough the plastic shim thingy gets knackered quickly.

Which QR clamps last a long time when fastened tightly? I don't want to have to buy another for a few years if that's achievable…

MRanger156
    Free Member

Salsa

Lionheart
    Free Member

+1 for Salsa

VooDoochild
    Free Member

+2 for Salsa

kiwijohn

It's been said, so I won't say it again. Though I don't think the new ones are as good as the original version, they look forged instead of machined.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i've a 30mm silver salsa for sale… £10 😉

tamarvin@googlemail.com if interested!

swisstony
    Free Member

Hope all the way

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Salsa here too.

I've been trying to source a size 35.0 QR in red for a while and they're apparently rarer than gold dust. So if anyone has one they don't need… 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personally –

Hope – Rubbish, it snapped
    Salsa – OK, but didn't clamp tight enough
    Woodman – Runnish, plastic shim deforms
    Planet X – Rubbish, as above
    On-One CNC – Good, works fine and clamps well, but the brass washer is too small and deforms

OE Specialized, Trek, Yeti, Saracen, whatever – The best by far. They just work. Specialized ones in particular close with light pressure, never, ever slip, nothing to go wrong, very simple.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Chromag, if you can stomach £30 for a clamp 😯

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've had 2 old-style Hopes for years… But they never quiet get tight enough… then I bought an Orange Crush frame and the clamp that came with that is spot-on. Maybe it's just me… 😀

poppa
    Free Member

Ok… so Salsa or OE Spesh it is! I have to say that £20 for a seatpost clamp seems a bit steep, but if I have to pay £20 for one that works like it's supposed to then so be it… 😐

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘QR seatpost clamps – what works and lasts?’ is closed to new replies.