• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • QR seat post clamp for the weaker fingered?
  • thebrowndog
    Free Member

Anyone got a recommendation for a QR seat post clamp for my son’s bike – something that will hold the post properly without requiring fingers of steel? Best if it has a knurled nut too. Thanks.

takisawa2

Salsa have a nice big lever.
    Lovely bit of kit.

And,they come in fancy colours, which is far more important of course.

scotroutes

The Crank Bros seatclamps were designed to require less pressure with a two-part clamp

noltae
    Free Member

It’s quite easy to ‘over clamp’ – I find my seatpost will stay put with minimal torque .. Chromag however do seem to have a great qr mechanism ..

takisawa2

Yes, but all the pretty colours…
    The pretty colours…

dirtydog
    Free Member

Carbon grip paste will reduce the amount of required clamping force.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will check out those and add some carbon paste.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Before I opened thread, I was thinking deffo Salsa Flip Lock. Oh and yesh choose any of their lovely colours to keep your son happy.

Olly
    Free Member

OH MY. Ive yesterday made an internal cam QR. Took an old collar, and an XT QR, chopped down the QR and rethreaded it to take the original nut (seat clamps are M6, QRs are M5, so it is a little skinnier)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=819569971147&l=dd0c2cfc3a

You also need to find a washer to spread the load, as wheel QRs have a “collar” to prevent you compressing onto the axle ends.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=819544088017&l=7b090dee2d

I guess the reason no one makes them is you can put reverb knackering/ruining compression down with your finger tips!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘QR seat post clamp for the weaker fingered?’ is closed to new replies.