• This topic has 42 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • QECP Mini DH Race 2nd June
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Just Head’s up guys, There is a mini DH race at QECP, Hampshire on Sunday 2nd June.

It won’t be too full on and chicken runs round all big features

Link:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/90055/Gravity-Project-Honey-Series-2013-Rd4#entry

Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/qecptrailbuilding/events

Some more info:

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2013/04/downhill-racing-at-qecp-is-back/

scottfitz
    Free Member

Update:

This is a good track for peeps wanting to get in to Mini DH, We will also be needing marshals if you want to help out and you get £10 and a free lunch.

We are hoping the race sold out online before the event to cover costs of renting the woodland. There will be only 130 online entries.

superfli
    Free Member

Lets hope it stays dry for this one! QE runs really fast in the dry, and extremely tough in the wet – could be a good leveller 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Lets hope it stays dry for this one! QE runs really fast in the dry, and extremely tough in the wet – could be a good leveller

You are quick there is in the wet mate, If it rain you will finish high in your Cat 😉 but Hope it stays dry 8)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I shall be doing this. Can you do the usual GP race thing and turn up on the day to pay?

bazzer
    Free Member

What trail is used for this in QE ?

scottfitz
    Free Member

I shall be doing this. Can you do the usual GP race thing and turn up on the day to pay?

Yes as long as it doesn’t sell out online. It’s 150 max, talking to the GP boys the other day and they said they will stop the online entries at 130 to leave 20 spots on the day. If there are only 20 spots on the day you will have to get there early to guarantee a spot.

scottfitz
    Free Member

What trail is used for this in QE ?

A new trail built by us for this race(Based on an old cheeky trail upgraded)

bazzer
    Free Member

Where about’s ? I take the fact its not going to be cheeky as your race on it its OK to say 🙂

Is it the one that comes out on the road at the hill up from Buriton ?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Where about’s ? I take the fact its not going to be cheeky as your race on it its OK to say

Is it the one that comes out on the road at the hill up from Buriton ?

No not that one but it is near buriton. Its in the events woodland the other side of the road.

scottfitz
    Free Member
    freeridenick
    Free Member

38 – would that make me a master?

superfli
    Free Member

38 is Master.

freeridenick
    Free Member

thanks.

chiefgrooveguru

Scott, will the gravity enduro be using the new DH track? And I shouldn’t say this, being a hardtail rider and all, but could you make the rock gardens more spiky? 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Scott, will the gravity enduro be using the new DH track?

yes but not all of it 70% ish.

I shouldn’t say this, being a hardtail rider and all, but could you make the rock gardens more spiky?

They have changed a bit since we first put them in. 😉

bazzer
    Free Member

No not that one but it is near buriton. Its in the events woodland the other side of the road.

Ahh out the back of the park and up the hill slightly you get to the top via a footpath ? Where they hold the archery competitions ?

If its that trail, its was really nice and with a bit of work excellent 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Where they hold the archery competitions ?

If its that trail, its was really nice and with a bit of work excellent That the place its woodland the park rents out for Archery,4×4, Mountain bike, motobike and mountain board events.

bazzer
    Free Member

Ahh I know where you mean. Unless you have “bigged” it up a great trail that can be accesses by lots of different levels of rider and still fun for good riders.

superfli
    Free Member

The rock gardens will no doubt change numerous times before the event as they keep getting ripped out by some scrots and we put them back in 👿

scottfitz
    Free Member

The rock gardens will no doubt change numerous times before the event as they keep getting ripped out by some scrots and we put them back in

That why there getting bigger/harder.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Ahh I know where you mean. Unless you have “bigged” it up a great trail that can be accesses by lots of different levels of rider and still fun for good riders.

That’s what we are aiming for, we have also put slower chicken lines around stuff but i don’t think they will get used in the DH Race, maybe in the gravity enduro.

scottfitz
    Free Member

We filmed a promo Vid last night for the DH race track, should be ready on Sat.

scottfitz
    Free Member

We filmed a promo Vid last night for the DH race track, should be ready on Sat.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Track preview video for the upcoming Gravity Project Honey Series Round 4 at QECP! If you fancy trying some grassroots mini-DH racing, this will be the place to be. Fun, accessible track & a great atmosphere 😀 https://vimeo.com/66431578

superfli
    Free Member

Rode QECP and the hidden trails last w/e and they were running very fast! Just the right amount of moisture to keep them dry, but grippy ie not dusty or wet 😆

Should be a great w/e!

scottfitz
    Free Member

DH track for next Sunday race is now 100% finished and it is riding amazing. It’s going to be epic!! Long, fast and fun. Can’t wait for next weekend. There is still lots of spaces for people who still want to race.

Start Ramp:

New Drop:

Spot of lunch:

Knobs 😀 :

scottfitz
    Free Member

Here’s a vid of Gravity Project (The race organisers) doing a test run:

superfli
    Free Member

A sell out and very successful day! Absolutely perfect conditions in the sunshine and a very fast flowy course. Didnt hear a single complaint just loads of happy faces and a few sore ones 🙂
    Hears hoping this is the start of many more

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yep what a great day, couldn’t of gone much better 😀

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It was a good day, lots of tight racing.

I hope the GP guys do a few more there on some of the other tracks on that hill. The tracks are significantly better & longer than the usual stuff they use.

scottfitz
    Free Member

It was a good day, lots of tight racing.

I hope the GP guys do a few more there on some of the other tracks on that hill. The tracks are significantly better & longer than the usual stuff they use. As long as the park agrees and that woodland is available to rent next year we will hopefully host another round, thinking about the steeper bit of the hill where the push up was.

But that’s to look at next year, got the gravity enduro tracks to finish now and try and organize another top event for everyone.

Lummox

Bloody great fun it was too, my first dh race and I’ve now got a new itch to scratch I think.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bloody great fun it was too, my first dh race and I’ve now got a new itch to scratch I think.

Gravity Project Round 5 it is then 😉

wobbem
    Free Member

Is the track still open to ride afterwards?

Lummox

Scott yes and no in equal measure, the qecp gravity enduro is my next stop. Might look into being slightly more ‘equipped’ and check out next season

scottfitz
    Free Member

Is the track still open to ride afterwards?

Officially no, It’s in event only woodland. But unofficially if there are on other events on maybe.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Scott yes and no in equal measure, the qecp gravity enduro is my next stop. Might look into being slightly more ‘equipped’ and check out next season

Fingers crossed for the same weather at the Gravity Enduro.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

whats QECP like for general riding, enough to keep me occupied for a day?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘QECP Mini DH Race 2nd June’ is closed to new replies.