Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • QECP Day Night Enduro and cyclefest, who's going ?
  • kimbers

Will be rocking on up with the family tomorrow
    kids are dead excited about camping, I’m excited about racing, my wife…. Well I’m sure she’s excited too

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, my first (and probably last due to the impending arrival of Mini-Guru #2) race of 2015! I look forward to vying with you for supreme enduro mediocrity. 😉

Mbnut
    Free Member

I will be rocking up with my son…. his first enduro, I am nervous for him, he is just excited.

I think we have met before, at a Red kite jobbie I think…. I am average on the bike but mustard in the battle cruiser!!

Fingers crossed it is reasonably dry after yesterdays deluge!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kudos100
    Free Member

I’m not, but you are in for a treat 😉

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yep, in sport for the enduro, on a borrowed bike! Hopefully it’ll be OK, I want to beat Chiefgrooveguru……

nuke

Another first timer after a late entry this week. Forecast looks drier than the Dyfi so thats a good start 😀

m0rk
    Free Member

I’ll be there setting you off at the start of stage 1&2

I only live a mile away so the comfort of my own bed wins over camping!

Weather looks fair so it’ll be a fun weekend

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep. Trying not to come last in Pro (thanks Scott!).

Only ever done one night ride in my life before & I have no idea if my cheap Chinese Ebay lights will last the loop – what could possibly go wrong? 🙂

Not camping, as i’m only 30 minutes down the road anyway.

mattbee

I’m racing Fun & my wife is doing her first Enduro too.
    Bit greasy up there at the moment, could be a bit tasty!
    Camping despite only living 8 miles away as it just makes it more of a fun weekend.

frogstomp

I’m in.. plumped for Fun as I’m scared of / crap in the dark and need all the help I can get! 😐

chiefgrooveguru

Yep, in sport for the enduro, on a borrowed bike! Hopefully it’ll be OK, I want to beat Chiefgrooveguru……

The ancient battle of age vs beauty… No borrowed bike excuses if I turn the tables this year! 😉

bigshep
    Free Member

Yep, in the fun category along with a couple of other forum members who will no doubt be along in a bit.
    Racing(ha-ha) under the “More crash than dash” team name.
    Should be a good laugh, looking forward to it and meeting up with other forum regulars.
    I’m on a HUGE bright green(Enduro green) Cube with matching bright green Bell helmet 😳
    You will not miss me..

davosaurusrex

Not racing as I buggered my wrist a few weeks ago. Couple of mates are though and I’ll be marshalling.

Hob nob – you’re welcome to borrow my cheap Chinese lights if you want back up. They’ve been reliable so far, got a solar storm x2 and an x3

deluded
    Free Member

All the best to you.

My wife is from Petersfield and when visiting the in-laws I’ll have a blast round QECP. After the last horrendous wet suffer-fest I vowed I’d only put up with the South Downs chalk faff in the height of summer.

The locals must be made of sterner stuff than I.

m0rk
    Free Member

deluded
    After the last horrendous wet suffer-fest I vowed I’d only put up with the South Downs chalk faff in the height of summer.

The locals must be made of sterner stuff than I.

We prefer riding gods if it’s all the same

Or just ride where there’s no chalk 🙂

deluded
    Free Member

m0rk,

I was run ragged on it. My average speed according to Strava was 3.8MPH! I was livid on the ride (that I abandoned) and moaned like a bitch when I got back to my completely disinterested wife, thanking God I haven’t got to put up with that sh1t, back home.

All a reflection more on me than the trails of course 😛

mattbee

Just remember if it’s wet the roots are the grippy bits!

dantsw13

Gutted to miss this year. Sadly I’d already booked into the Castle 100 on Sunday.

I was the idiot on the white Heckler who had a tubeless explosion on St2, and only had a 29er tube in my pack. Tied a knot in it and got it semi-inflated, but only enough to limp back to race village, pick up a free beer, and Heckle at the stadium finish!!

Last year the campsite party didn’t finish until dawn!!!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yep, I just got a late entry in HT category, will be rocking a home repaired C456, looking forwward to it, felt a little over biked on the Covert last year!

DezB
    Free Member

Dead slippy up there earlier. Hope Saturday brings dryness!
    See you there fellas 😀

God I hate race nerves… 😐

phil40
    Free Member

I did a lap after work last night, it wasn’t too bad, a few puddles but it will keep you honest 🙂 I like to think that all my riding around qecp with no grip, will make me a riding demon once I ride round a place with grip 🙂

I lost count of the number of volunteers putting out tape last night, I am not racing, but they all deserve a huge thanks for being out there setting up the fun for others, whilst people like me were just bimbling around the red route!

singletrackmind

Taped out stage #3 last night.

Its was still a touch slippery and muddy . Summer tyres wont do , simply too much loam, big nobbly ones or maybe a wider mud tyre? I would almost say Mud X 2.0 , but skinny and the roots….God, the roots.

#1 and 2 are steeper, faster and muddier / looser. 3 and 4 drier, firmer longer and faster . Do not throw your toys out the pram if you feel a mincer after 1 and 2 , it will get better ( and darker and faster )

#3 is long , not sure how far exactly but over 1 mile easily. Its also fast and pedally at the top , fast and flowing in the middle with 2 off camber chalky sections that will be interesting if alot of dew comes down.

Racing ( hahahahahah ) in Vets off about 2040 iirc, ano black 575

Not camping as have to be at work at 0730 SUNDAY for the most awful Watercress festival in New Alresford.

Ride safe , Don’t be a cock.

manmurray

Argh, wish I’d not read singletrackmind’s post, was nice and calm now proper pre-race nervy!!

Looking forward to it though, last year was ace (and dry…) – demo day on Sunday should be entertaining too.

In fun on minty green Spitfire.

johnny

After my wet Dyfi trip, I haven’t managed to persuade the OH to camp, so I’ll be without family.

Racing at about 8.30 on my very yellow SB66.

Mbnut
    Free Member

God have i done the right thing…. my lads first race, it sounds like it might be a baptism of fire or rather slippery, off camber mud and chalk!!

We are of at 19.47 for him, on a raw Covert and 20.38 for me on a Spesh enduro…. come and say hello.

Important question…. Is there a beer tent??

m0rk
    Free Member

A massive beer tent, with free beer IIRC

Mbnut
    Free Member

🙂

mattbee

It’s fairly warm and sunny just down the road in Bedhampton so I’m hoping it will dry out a bit by race time.
    Wife is walking the dog up there ATM while I load the van with bikes and beer so I’m hoping for a condition report shortly.

DezB
    Free Member

Trying to peel my arse off the sofa to get ready. Too easy to sit here watching the Sevens on Sky Sports!
    Now where’s that Mud -x and has it got any tread left?

Black old-skool 575. Grey-super-vet-sideys 🙂

mattbee

Wife’s report is that it’s still pretty greasy/slippy.
    Could be a bit fun in places, glad I rode their through the winter now so I know what to expect!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve just been out for a little blat in the local woods to check i’ve put my bike back together properly from last weekend, and that was surprisingly wet still.

Its fairly warm & windy, so im hoping it will dry out a bit. Probably won’t & will end up reminding me why I rarely ride at QE!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly I had to cancel and give my place up. Bad news for everyone else as I cannot imagine me being anything but the slowest 😐

Have fun everyone

Hicksy
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the stages are fairly near the visitors centre? I was going to pop down and cheers some friends on, but if I’ve got to walk a few miles between stages it may not be practical. Thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, the big berms at the end of the red run are in one stage, saw the tape being put up yesterday… dunno which stage though!

mattbee

Stages 1 & 2 are over on the back of the hill towards the railway line & quarry, really steep bit. Not exactly sure what is/isn’t being used though, although I’ve got a rough idea.
    I assume that one of the other stages is starting from around the same place too as my wife saw tape up at the top of Never Seen It (climb on the red route just before Lumberjack) but no idea where it goes from there, and I’m hoping that some variation of the last descent of the red route is also a stage like last year.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

singletrackmind

1 and 2 over the back dropping down the wall toward Burtion .

3 Starts from the highest point , the big green at the Red cross over point, reverse Never seen it , New Blue section back toward Junpier Car Park , then the really Old NPS short course Dh line to the botttom bend on the road.

4 Is sort of the last 1/4 of the red, maybe with extras .

So no , you wont have to walk miles , maybe a 1/4 mile at most.

super sunny on the south coast , just sorting out some bits and bobs and aiming to arrive about 1600

dantsw13

Good luck all!!!!

davosaurusrex

Bit dull this marshalling lark, sat in the woods on me jack. Be a bit more interesting when the riders start coming through. Someone save me a beer!

davosaurusrex

Even more dull now that I’ve realised the first rider doesn’t start stage 4 until 9:20, doh!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘QECP Day Night Enduro and cyclefest, who's going ?’ is closed to new replies.