Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • QECP conditions as of 28/10
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

As always a cracking ride around the bumps this morning. Great to see the forest turning all Autumn. Like.

The Red is rideable, not the quickest it’s been in the dry but 99% of it is dry, just a few damp puddles in the deepest troughs. It’s slippy mind, all those off camber chalk and flint climbs are a bit slippy but the roots are wet so best keep an eye out for those. The only major issue, typically this time of year, are the leaves. They’re covering the trails so it’s kinda hard to plot your route through. The trails are easily spotted, just the leaves are now covering a lot of the roots and larger Flint boulders…
    The Blue is lovely. Never ridden this before as I’ve not been over since Summer, but on the CX’er it’s like it was made for us lot, cheers lads 😆

As is, great day out as always just keep an eye on the hidden slippy roots and flint.

😀

superfli
    Free Member

The usual Wed night ride up there tonight from 18:30. It was slippy on Sunday and last Wednesday, but only in places. I’m hoping we will get the slippiest part of the blue descent surfaced a little bit at this w/e’s dig – although not sure aggregate will be delivered in time.
    There is suprisingly little puddleage 🙂 In fact the red and blue drain extremely well throughout winter.

scottfitz
    Free Member

The only major issue, typically this time of year, are the leaves. They’re covering the trails so it’s kinda hard to plot your route through.

In Decembers dig day we will leaf blow all* the MTB trail as we do every year after all leaves are down 8) 8)

*official trails only 😉

superfli – Member

The usual Wed night ride up there tonight from 18:30. I’m going to Hindhead 😛

ferrals
    Free Member

Massive thread sidetrack – does anyone ride durford wood? Spent a lot of time riding there as a kid. From memory largely fire road with sneaky little trails. Think it used to be a better winter option than qecp. Keep meaning to head back to that neck of the woods and relive my yoof – must be getting old 😆

smiff
    Free Member

hi, yes. one of my fav bit in durford just got trashed by forestry work :/ the couple who own lot of it are taking out pine and replacing it with eucalyptus, and locals (i mean not just mtb-ers) aren’t happy heh. there’s still some good little bits. the bracken will die down soon and then you go pretty much anywhere 🙂 right now it’s over head still! it’s got so much potential but from i understand owners don’t like bikes so i’ve been scared to build there.

there’s also too much dog shit (worse than QE!) so with both i had a depressing ride last week.. it’s been a nice winter break from QE though. i often use it to connect petersfield with longmoor and beyond. rogate but xc, pretty much!

ferrals
    Free Member

thats a shame, yeah used to ride longmoor a lot, the rogate dh was only just starting when i lived there.

from memory there was a good jump trail relitively near but i think it got knocked down.

used to ride in the hangers a lot too, slogging though deep chalky mud 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Conditions as of 04/11

HOLY COW THAT WAS SLIPPY!

😆 😆 😆

Wet mud, causes a lot of splatter, and what with the chalk, the leaves, the wet roots = immense low speed fun (or high speed disaster!)

Get yourselves out there!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Haha we are considering a ride Sat am but tbh we are thinking it’s not worth the 40 min drive each way so will probably ride locally around Winchester where we are expecting plenty of gloop and mud which we plan to treat post ride with a good hose down of he bikes and a few beverages

superfli
    Free Member

No, dont miss out on it! Yeah, its tricky, but far more fun than getting muddy for a ride down a few bridleways etc. Seriously go to QE, you’ll love it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘QECP conditions as of 28/10’ is closed to new replies.