Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • qe trail conditions at the moment?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Got Sunday morning free, worth the trip? Or is it claggedy clay slippery chalky death at the moment?

Yak

I was there last week- 1 dry day after a wet day, and it was a bit slippery in places, but not claggy. Today looks like wall to wall sunshine, so tomorrow should be ok- again some slip, but mostly fine i reckon. Also- all the lovely new berms keep you on track, even when slippery!

Lummox

friday morning had a quick dabble on the last berms before heading out on a ride away from the park.

Dont use slicks! was like liguid glass in places, although i’m sure it’ll have improved no end if it stays dry today and tonight.

Yak

slicks! Yeah -I turned up with a semi-slick rear on a singlespeed – foolish!

m0rk
    Free Member

Just back from there (third time this week)

It’s running well, I was over tyred with Mud X

There’s a couple of water puddles, but 99% of the trail isn’t the gloopy stuff you get over the winter.

The latest additions are bedding in nicely, with a few strava lines generated.

There’s a group from the local MTB forum meeting up at 10.50 at the quarry car park

Yak

mOrk,

please can you send a link to the local forum. I’m newish in the south (again), so would be great to link up with a few other locals.

cheers

DT78
    Free Member

Sounds like its a go then, will be riding an orange anthem preped for torq 12 next weekend, so will be on Ron/ Ralph combo. Slippy Slippy 🙂

Say hi if you see me on the deck…

Yak

not at qecp this w-e, but might spot you at torq 12. I’ll be looking battered riding fully rigid with v noisy kids throwing jelly babies at me everytime thru the campsite!

m0rk
    Free Member

please can you send a link to the local forum. I’m newish in the south (again), so would be great to link up with a few other locals.

linky

Good bunch of guys, very welcoming when I first rode out with them

DT78
    Free Member

Well fantastic ride. I did indeed hit the deck twice on the warm up, Slippy! Everytime I go there there is more stuff, keep up the good work.

scottfitz
    Free Member

DT78- never Ron/ Ralph at QE 😉
    Nics in the summer and MudX Spring, Autumn and Winter.

Yak- As m0rk said Join KVMB more the merrier 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im heading over there on sunday, im praying the rain stays away!

Yak

scottfitz – great! Just tried to join up, but the mandatory photo upload isn’t working for me. Out now, but will try later.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yak – ok cool its to put off the spam types 🙂
    Bigyin- i would say no summer tyres for sunday mate

bigyinn
    Free Member

Summer tyres? Oh you make me laugh. They haven’t been on the bike this year!

superfli
    Free Member

Be wary of the chalk on Sunday, rain after a dry spell can be treacherous! Good for the reactions though 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Green chalk is the worst!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘qe trail conditions at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.