Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.
  • chiefgrooveguru

Awesome event! Each year I get quicker and each year end up further down the field, so the competition is definitely getting stiffer. Great to catch up with my regular competitors (and beat some of them! 😉 ) and meet some new faces. I’m away for Tidworth but hope to see some of you (preferably the slower ones) at round 3 (is that QECP again?)

johnj2000
    Free Member

@Johnny, loved that paint on your Rune, I was chatting with you at the top on a Cotic Rocket. Next respray might be a bright one 🙂

Enjoyed it so much more this year, probably due to the fact I didn’t fall off at all, unlike last year. Did all 4 stages in practice which meant I was shagged for the pedally bits on stage 3&4 which Showed in my times. I do t know how much I learn in practice, next year I might just save my energy.

The ruby beer from the bar was awesome, anyone remember the name of the brewery?

Thanks to all the organisers and marshals, much appreciated x

chiefgrooveguru

john I saw your Cotic when I arrived and was going to say hi but you proved elusive for the rest of the event – clearly too stealth a respray! 😉

I think this was the first year that nothing on the course really scared me – conditions were friendly but I don’t think the trails were easier.

eranu
    Free Member

The crafty brewing company i believe.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ahhh bugger chiefgrooveguru, you remember where you first saw that bike, about 4yrs ago this month?

Thanks eranu, will look them up

scottfitz
    Free Member
    dantsw13

Good report that.

From a Fun cat riders perspective:

Stage 1: OMG – try to survive!!!!
    St 2: same concept as St1, but more rideable. Going well until I got lost after the rock garden 😳
    St3/4 Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Great fun. Maybe I should have peddled harder!!!!

Quite proud to have drunk the bar dry too 😀

Might bring a tent heater next year though.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘QE Cyclefest 2016 – 14th/15th May – free camping.’ is closed to new replies.