Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • QCT Maps, MMTracker or something else
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Recently moved from Apple to Android, and I had the Memory Map official app on my iPhone, having paid £20 for a license to use my older 1:50k and 1:25k maps on it.

Now I have android they want me to pay again as the licence was linked to a iTunes account and not a Memory Map account.

Bit of googling and can see MMTracker (although not supported) opens QCT files – installed the one at
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=816407&page=47
    but can’t seem to get it to open any of my maps – Running Android 5.0.2.

Anyone know of an app or other options for offline UK 1:50 and 1:25k which wont see me paying for again having bought them once!

Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Mmtracker should work. I think it is a bit fussy about file locations and possibly needs the older map files. Its a pain to have to pay again but if you can stretch a little bit backcountrynavigator is a pay once then free for downloads option. Pretty good map app. There are some free options but the usability or legality is a bit questionable

CraigW
    Free Member

MM Tracker works fine for me, with Android 5.1 on a Moto G. Make sure you have the latest patched version of MMTracker, I think it is v1.10.6, it should be linked in that XDA thread somewhere.

Or you could try Alpinequest, it can also load QCT map files.

cp

Sent you an email

smurfly13
    Free Member

Thanks cp.

Now all sorted and have a working version of mmtracker.

Thanks everyone

Ambrose

cp- any chance that you could email me too? My old qcts seem to be useless nowadays. I cannot get MMtracker to work 🙁

welshfarmer

I use Alpinequest on Android. Been using it to run my old QCT maps for years now. Got the UK at 1:25K on the PC and all of Wales and a few other areas on the SD card on the phone along with all the 1:50K UK coverage. It just works.

mav12
    Free Member

i really miss mmtracker now i have swapped to ios

smurfly13
    Free Member

ambrose – YGM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘QCT Maps, MMTracker or something else’ is closed to new replies.