Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Q36R Quick Release – Fox 36's anyone using it?
  • v666ern
    Free Member

So I’ve realised my new forks haven’t got a maxle type quick release so getting the bike in and out of the car is going to be a real faff. I’ve found this which seems to do exactly what i want a la rockshox, undo the clamp and slip your front wheel out.

Anyone used it, know if they are any good? My other options are;

buy a torque wrench and undo the 4 pinch bolts each time
    buy a bike rack for my car £££

http://mavericksuspension.com/product/q36r-quick-release/

RickDraper
    Free Member

Just use a allen key. You have to be a real ham-fisted bastard to over torque the bolts, you soon get a feel for them.

v666ern
    Free Member

You have to be a real ham-fisted bastard

tick 😳

Your right though, ill give it a go and if i loose bits will then order some…have you googled fox 36 pinch bolts, the amount of ‘ive cracked my lowers’ threads are worrying

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was the most common killer of lowers on the original ones…..

Use a proper good quality allen key to do them up and undo them.

The adaption looks like the revised 36 fixings from the earlier ones.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Your right though, ill give it a go and if i loose bits will then order some…have you googled fox 36 pinch bolts, the amount of ‘ive cracked my lowers’ threads are worrying

Your over thinking it and worrying. You only need to nip them up, not hang off them with a breaker bar. People still cracked the QR ones.

khani
    Free Member

On the old ones the rule of thumb was to use your Allen key longways so you can’t over tighten em,

dbcooper
    Free Member

Um forward facing QR? **** crazy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Q36R Quick Release – Fox 36's anyone using it?’ is closed to new replies.