Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • QQ for those with a spare wheelset (drivetrain
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

hi guys
    i managed to bag another pair of identical wheels for my Diverge.

i’m now planning to run offroad tyres on one set and regular road tyres on the other set.

for those who switch wheels do you keep the same drivetrain ie switch the cassette onto the other wheelset and run the one cassette/chain combo.

i put a disc rotor and an identical cassette on my spare wheel and was just switch the wheel over, but i’m now thinking my current drivetrain with 6 months wear, may not suit the new cassette.

thanks in advance.

BigJohn

There’s a simple way to find out.

amedias
    Free Member

depends how regularly you swap and how the drivetrain wear will equalise…

ie: if it’s a very infrequent swap might need to move the cassette too, if it’s regular then a second cassette might be fine if you keep on top of chain wear.

andyl
    Free Member

keep a chain for each set of wheels?

tomhoward

I just swap the cassette betwixt the 2 wheels

FOG

I just change the cassette over. It doesn’t take very long and stops you worrying about equalising wear

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks guys, definately makes sense to move the cassette over, I will consider a seperate chain/cassette next summer when i’ll be switching more often, at the moment its rigged into a turbo but my physio has today said i can ride again.

whitestone
    Free Member

I do this on my HT, I’ve a set of 29er wheels and a set of 27.5+ wheels. I just move the cassette over when swapping. It’s usually a handful of times per year so the extra couple of minutes isn’t onerous.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘QQ for those with a spare wheelset (drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.