Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Q For those that take endless pictures of your bike:
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

photo's of bikes in nice places or novel places are great.

Hear, hear. And I second AlasdairMc's point above about solo riding and photography. My main reason is to show my boys where I took my bike 'thi stime'. They'll inevitably say, "Wow dad," which brings a rosy glow to begin with but then they'll want to get their bikes out and ride somewhere. Job done.

Also, and I'm just guessing here, a mountain bike forum in a broadband saturated country with a dominant visual culture isn't the best place to be if you don't want to see photos of bikes. Maybe the OP could set his browser not to show pictures; iconoclasm is sooooo 9th century tho'.

uplink
    Free Member

Are there really such people ?

I don't own a camera, If I occasionally need to take a photo, I borrow the wife's
    There's probably only one photo of my bike in existence
    I never bother with holidays either, I went to Colorado riding earlier this year & didn't bother with a camera

There is only one photo of me as a child [that I know about] so maybe it's an hereditary thing?

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    cookeaa

I have taken the odd picture of my bikes, in the back garden once built up (For insurance purposes only of course), propped against a tree in the woods, at the top of a climb I may have struggled with… I like having the odd record of what my bikes looked like when new/clean, and where I’ve ridden them, I don’t tend to share the pic’s really.

As for helmet cam’s, I use mine once in a blue moon, it looks shite, all shakey and lots of wind noise but I don’t mind, I probably get 20 seconds of “acceptable” footage for every 10 hours I record on it, so far I have accrued maybe 40 second of worthwhile viewing, typically the person in front stacking and me piling into them…

I certainly don’t object to other peoples posted photo’s or videos, I like bikes and I like riding, and I enjoy seeing what others have been up to and what they are riding, it doesn’t have to be beautifully framed or properly focused it’s just a way of sharing their experiences. Plus how much effort is it to scroll on down past the “Bland” pic’s or click back, other forum’ tend to have a specific area to shove picture posts maybe the STW misery squad would benefit from something similar for them to avoid…

Having said that it’s not so odd to expect to see photographs with bikes in on a chuffing bicycle forum is it? You grumpy old ****…..

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>WARNING: BLAND<

Agreed – too much foreground and the juxtaposition of the factory bike spoils the shot thus proving the OP point.

grumm
    Free Member

Agreed – too much foreground and the juxtaposition of the factory bike spoils the shot thus proving the OP point.

Why did you look past the warning then? 😉

Christ there are some miserable feckers out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Q For those that take endless pictures of your bike:’ is closed to new replies.